Early A-bodies paint procedure!

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In my work of getting my cack in shape I'm doing some research on the paint procedure. But I need to find out one thing;

when was the body sealer applayed? On the bare metal, on the red primer or on the green primer? Or was it a mix of it? I need help from someone that knows the procedure and how it was done. Any input in this would help me alot.

Thanks in advance

In my work of getting my cack in shape I'm doing some research on the paint procedure. But I need to find out one thing;

when was the body sealer applayed? On the bare metal, on the red primer or on the green primer? Or was it a mix of it? I need help from someone that knows the procedure and how it was done. Any input in this would help me alot.

Thanks in advance

By "Body" sealer, do you mean the seam sealer, or the paint sealer?

The sealer that covers the corners in the trunk and the gaps between the front floor pans etc.

What is paint sealer?

The sealer that covers the corners in the trunk and the gaps between the front floor pans etc.

What is paint sealer?

Seam sealer is exactly what it sounds like, it seals all the factory seams. You can put that either on bare metal, or after the first coat of primer ( depends on the seam sealer you buy ).

Paint sealer is used after all the body work has been completed, just prior to painting, as a uniform color base for the paint.

Hope this helps....

On the floor pans and on the trunk pans there are sealer. Was that applayed before or after primer? Or was it berween the primer and top coat? I've tried everywhere but no one seems to know anything of this procedure. I really appriciate your help tincup.

-
Back