early a body big block engine mounts

-
I know this is a old thread. But has anyone done this lately and what did you have to do to make it all work?

What about in a 62 a-body.

The heater box sticking out into the engine compartment is a big issue. If you don't need a heater, no problem. Otherwise some customization to move the heater inside the cabin will be required.

I used Streetmaster mounts to put a bigblock in a 66 Valiant. Fit fine until I got to the exhaust, then abandoned the project. If interested in trying, I still have the complete motor mount kit from Streetmaster.

Attachments

• 66 Valiant 02.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 66 Valiant 03.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 407
I used Streetmaster mounts to put a bigblock in a 66 Valiant. Fit fine until I got to the exhaust, then abandoned the project. If interested in trying, I still have the complete motor mount kit from Streetmaster.

Was the problem from headers or stock exhaust manifolds?

I think if you were not as picky as me, b-body HP manifolds would work. In the picture above, that passenger side manifold is actually touching the inner fender. A little grinding and massaging on the driver side manifold and steering column, it should work. Oh by the way, put good spark plugs in because you will never change them again.

I have been reading about manifolds. No it won't be easy to change plugs when needed.
But it looks like it would be fun to drive. What are some of the problems did you have?

I will be starting on my 383 64 Dart in January. I am using Schmacher mounts with manifolds to get the car running. I think that I am going to mill the manifolds the 7 degrees that Pishta recommended.

Mike

I will be starting on my 383 64 Dart in January. I am using Schmacher mounts with manifolds to get the car running. I think that I am going to mill the manifolds the 7 degrees that Pishta recommended.

Mike

Will you be doing a thread on this in the Early A Forum or here?

If there is enough interest then yes I will do a thread. I am going to photo document the entire process and write it up with the focus on the mechanical options.

Mike

If there is enough interest then yes I will do a thread. I am going to photo document the entire process and write it up with the focus on the mechanical options.

Mike

That would be great.

64 with a big block. Not sure how but he's got some headers on it and they don't look like fenderwells. Maybe the engine is moved back into the firewall.

Attachments

• 64withbigblock.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 388
I second the thread! I am thinking really hard about a 383 in my dart next winter. I love my new small block but man a big block would have the WOW factor!

Mike

Saw this one on Craigslist recently somewhere in Arizona I believe. I saved the pics. 1965 Valiant with a big block. I believe it's a 440. Custom headers and obviously no inner fenders.

Attachments

• valiant 010.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 508
  • valiant 011.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 398
  • valiant 012.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 395
-
Back