Early A body drum finish??????

-

Reaction score
Any one know for sure if early A's (1965) drums were painted from the factory? Or were they left as cast?????????

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Finish was rust after driving in the first rain storm :D

For me, I prefer to paint mine black.

Ha!!! Now that is funny!
I was going to paint them black, but I thought if they were left as cast I would paint them with some of that Eastwood cast iron paint.

First trip down the rockies will pretty much burn some paint off them anyways. Use BBQ black if you want to paint them or UHT. Yeah, they rust

First trip down the rockies will pretty much burn some paint off them anyways. Use BBQ black if you want to paint them or UHT. Yeah, they rust

this is what I was going to suggest, BBQ black. I used gloss engine enamel on mine and it hasen't burned off yet, but I rarely have to use the brakes as I live in the country

Yea I am in the same boat. Do not use the brakes much. I had some left over Eastwood cast iron gray manifold paint I was going to try. I figure if it holds up to the heat of manifolds it should hold up the any heat I make with the brakes. Just was not sure if they were black or as cast when new.

-
Back