Early A boidy door/ignition lock sets

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a vendor that carries the early A lock sets that include the two doors and the ignition?

That's a difficult and costly lock set to find these days. Occasionally they go by on eBay, or from one of the "usual suspects" in overpriced maybe-you'll-get-it, maybe-it'll-be-as-described NOS parts (such as the outfit in Georgia or the one in Washington). Interchange is '60-'65 A-body plus '62-'65 B-body.

Unless you're building a 100-point trailer queen, I'd simply enlarge the door lock holes and install the easy-to-buy, inexpensive, more-secure, easier-to-rekey '66-up door locks.

The ignition lock cylinder is still easy to buy; it's the same through '68.

Anyone know of a vendor that carries the early A lock sets that include the two doors and the ignition?
We bought a complete set through beleive it or not at Paddock! Was for our 67. Think they will work on earlier, they were real reasonable.

Oh just talked to Yard Dawg, good used set from Black 66 were parting on this site.
$40.00 + $5.00 shipping, includes, keys, door lock tumblers 2, trunk tumbler, and ignition switch with tumbler. Pretty good deal huh!
Let me know if you want!

Are you certain the locks are actually defective? I had to wiggle the key in both the ignition and doors on my 65 Barracuda. I took my old key to a good locksmith and he was able to cut a new key set that now works flawlessly and very little cost. You can get MOPAR key blanks from ebay if original looking keysets is an issue.

I actually took mine apart, cause the local locksmith's couldn't figure it out. Can you believe that? Too old I guess. Anyways I worked on mine and I have a bunch of mopar keys.....once I was done the only key that would work was my ignition key (smoothly) and they others didn't. Sometimes a shot of ol WD40 works great also. I do that every now and then to my 81 pickup.

We bought a complete set through beleive it or not at Paddock! Was for our 67. Think they will work on earlier, they were real reasonable.

Oh just talked to Yard Dawg, good used set from Black 66 were parting on this site.
$40.00 + $5.00 shipping, includes, keys, door lock tumblers 2, trunk tumbler, and ignition switch with tumbler. Pretty good deal huh!
Let me know if you want!

Actually commando66 stepped to the plate. Sent off a MO to him today. Let me consider your offer. I ahve a 64 Dart vert that I'm working on.

Are you certain the locks are actually defective? I had to wiggle the key in both the ignition and doors on my 65 Barracuda. I took my old key to a good locksmith and he was able to cut a new key set that now works flawlessly and very little cost. You can get MOPAR key blanks from ebay if original looking keysets is an issue.

How's the Corp today?? It's not they were defective, it turns out we inadvertantly misplaced the door locks so when I went to install the new locks I found they were incorrect. so, here I am looking for new door locks.

How's the Corp today?? It's not they were defective, it turns out we inadvertantly misplaced the door locks so when I went to install the new locks I found they were incorrect. so, here I am looking for new door locks.

And yes, it's my plan to get new keys made.

Actually commando66 stepped to the plate. Sent off a MO to him today. Let me consider your offer. I ahve a 64 Dart vert that I'm working on.

Just trying to help you & YardDawg out!
Won't check thread again. If you need anything at all just pm me.
Good Luck!!8)

The lockset shown is for '66-up cars. It's a very easy lockset to find, and this set looks maybe a little overpriced. They'll work on '65-down A-bodies if you enlarge the door holes, but they will not fit directly (without enlarging the door holes).

I've a good used set off a '65 model (concave centers). Do you need the entire ignition switch or just the lock section? Bezel? Year? Model?
Thanks, Mark

-
Back