"Early A" doesn't cut it

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best thing to do is just close the thread. It will still be visible so others can read along and enjoy the discussion. :lol: That is, if doing that is ok with Mr. J-c-c because I sure wouldn't want to do anything like that without checking with him first. Me moving this thread caused WW3. I couldn't imagine what shutting it down will do!

Probably the best thing to do is just close the thread. It will still be visible so others can read along and enjoy the discussion. :lol: That is, if doing that is ok with Mr. J-c-c because I sure wouldn't want to do anything like that without checking with him first. Me moving this thread caused WW3. I couldn't imagine what shutting it down will do!
I deserve no special consideration in the matter, thanks for asking.

Enjoy ? My blood pressure has been up hours. I knew kids like that and they'd get thir *** kicked at least once a week and wonder why. Ugh

Well, see, if we get into the mechanical and electrical systems, I would say the next big divider after 67 would be '70 and insome ways '75 and particularly '76 are one offs. On the other hand not many '76 A-bodies made, so maybe we banish them to For F Bodies Only forum.

View attachment 1716201566
Well, aaaaaaaactually, we'd have to have a divide between '67 and '68 (steering linkage, steering column, side marker lights, head restraints, shoulder belts, crankshaft counterbore/torque converter nose diameter, speedometer cable and drive pinion…). We'd have to take account of the difference between '70 and '71 taillights and head restraints and gas caps, and '71 was also the first year for NOx emissions control equipment in California, so that's another split…and the '72 NOx emissions system was completely different, plus charcoal can instead of crankcase for fuel vapour storage, and surface-mount side markers, so there's ample justification for a '71/'72 split, too. Don't even get me started on '73; they need their own subforum. Could probably get away with '74-'75 together in one subforum, but we'd hafta be sneaky about it, because in '75 some cars started coming with catalytic converters, so shhh. And '76, well! I mean, shunt-type ammeter; need I say more? I think not. But it's a problem, because then what do you do with the foreign-market '77-'82 A-bodies? The ones in Brazil and Argentina and Australia? That's six years times three markets equals 18 additional subforums we're gonna need. And you can't really expect people to put up with lumping the green cars in with the yellow ones or the red ones or the blue ones, or the 2-doors with the 4-doors, or the ones with and without the optional glovebox and ashtray lights (I think mixing those is in the Bible in the thou-shalt-not section).

So really, we oughtta be thankful to mister, soon-to-be-livin'-the-rest-of-his-shortaѕѕ-duration-at-fabo-in-agonizing-ignoredness, sealion over here for showing us the way.

Well, aaaaaaaactually, we'd have to have a divide between '67 and '68 (steering linkage, steering column, side marker lights, head restraints, shoulder belts, crankshaft counterbore/torque converter nose diameter, speedometer cable and drive pinion…). We'd have to take account of the difference between '70 and '71 taillights and head restraints and gas caps, and '71 was also the first year for NOx emissions control equipment in California, so that's another split…and the '72 NOx emissions system was completely different, plus charcoal can instead of crankcase for fuel vapour storage, and surface-mount side markers, so there's ample justification for a '71/'72 split, too. Don't even get me started on '73; they need their own subforum. Could probably get away with '74-'75 together in one subforum, but we'd hafta be sneaky about it, because in '75 some cars started coming with catalytic converters, so shhh. And '76, well! I mean, shunt-type ammeter; need I say more? I think not. But it's a problem, because then what do you do with the foreign-market '77-'82 A-bodies? The ones in Brazil and Argentina and Australia? That's six years times three markets equals 18 additional subforums we're gonna need. And you can't really expect people to put up with lumping the green cars in with the yellow ones or the red ones or the blue ones, or the 2-doors with the 4-doors, or the ones with and without the optional glovebox and ashtray lights (I think mixing those is in the Bible in the thou-shalt-not section).

So really, we oughtta be thankful to mister, soon-to-be-livin'-the-rest-of-his-shortaѕѕ-duration-at-fabo-in-agonizing-ignoredness, sealion over here for showing us the way.
Everyone needs to get the last word in I see, for all those that I figuratively threaten, by all means ignore me, I'm honored.

What about the ‘74 only seat belt interlock? And which forum does the ‘74 A-Bodies without the bumper shocks fit in? I’m so confused.

:lol:

What about the ‘74 only seat belt interlock? And which forum does the ‘74 A-Bodies without the bumper shocks fit in? I’m so confused.

I know, I know, many are, now first take your blood take your blood pressure, then review Thread #145 for your answer, SealionDan will swoon you with LA LA land facts and figures ad infinitum until you slide past 1976, or whenever the last very unique A was built, and finally find the unwatch or ignore button, your choice, select it and this will all fade away as a bad dream and you can laugh about it on your next forum when you wake up.

Last edited:
Look, look! It's a Sea lion, right here on FABO!

View attachment 1716201583

This is undoubtedly the most hilarious thing I've seen all week. And 100% on point. Well done sir!

Now we're getting somewhere!
Everyone needs to get the last word in I see, for all those that I figuratively threaten, by all means ignore me, I'm honored.
Threaten? Oh boy you're full of yourself. No one here is threatened by you.

We've moved past you entirely, and are now entertaining ourselves with the absurdity of your suggestion

Yeah, I think you're on the right track! '74 would not only need to have its own forum, it would need to have 2, because of the mid year shock bumper change

We've moved past you entirely, and are now entertaining ourselves with the absurdity of your suggestion
I thought the SeaLion was the community spokesperson here. I must not have gotten the memo putting you in charge, guess the WW3, name calling, "done", ignore, distortions, recollections of HS beatdowns, absurd arguments, etc, and now with everyone running away now is because you were having so much fun?
Right.
Reminds me of the Black Knight in Monty Python, "it's only a flesh wound" :lol:

Last edited:
I thought the SeaLion was the community spokesperson here. I must not have gotten the memo putting you in charge, guess the WW3, name calling, "done", ignore, distortions, recollections of HS beatdowns, absurd arguments, etc, and now with everyone running away now is because you were having so much fun?
Right.
Reminds me of the Black Knight in Monty Python, "it's only a flesh wound" :lol:

I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but it's pretty clear a few of us are having a blast. That sea lion meme was perfection!

This is undoubtedly the most hilarious thing I've seen all week. And 100% on point. Well done sir!

»bows, doffs cap«

I'm not qualified to diagnose, but this schlemiel's behaviour looks like that of someone on the autism spectrum. Autists' behaviour can be annoying and tiresome, but they're not deliberately trying to be that way; it's not in their control any more than my need for eyeglasses was a choice. What is under their control is whether and when they choose to interact with other people who have clearly indicated they don't want it—so that's the same choice faced by jerks, dillweeds, and all the rest of those who aren't autistic—and that's where J-C-C is föckin' it up badly here, so it really doesn't matter why.

Yeah, I think you're on the right track! '74 would not only need to have its own forum, it would need to have 2, because of the mid year shock bumper change
Plus, cars with/without the seatbelt-ignition interlock. And I shouldn't have to associate in the same forum with those whose cars don't have the chrome dressup trim on the brake pedal, so that's…uh…sorry, I've lost count; how many '74ums are we up to?

Last edited:
If you are truly afraid of me, and be honest, ban me.
I'd like to repeat a famous quote from an "An Officer and a Gentleman"
You mean this one..... ?

“Now this is my idea of an *** bandit. Wait till some of the local girls get a look at you, scrotum head.”

IMO (NOT disagreeing, just difference of opinion) the early/late break would be the wider engine compartment, to the narrow one. So, 60-66 for early, 67 up later A's

Screenshot_20240203-003149.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back