"Early A" doesn't cut it

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, its just like the woke metric system, so complicated, everybody knows that. :lol:
I made my case, they share nothing in common except an arbitrary label it seems.
Made what case ?
The only case you made with your word salads, is to add you to the good o'l ignore list. Oh the Drama !!!!!

My suggestion for this website is it is using incorrect designation for the models on this website and currently the designation appaers to be arbitrarty and this forum's title asks for suggestions and I offered one to help improve the discussions and for others to ponder.
OK I did not skip ahead a few pages. Early A is slang like MOPAR is slang...sorta. slang for motor parts or even massively overpower and rspected!
I have a 62 Lancer. IT is a RoadToad, not an early A!!!! :thumbsup: :steering::poke:

You may want to research those width numbers, as we might have to start calling those wide A's B bodys, or B's A body's if that is the definer
No research needed Sport, pre-'67 A-bodies are structurally narrower in the front end by ~2.5", frame rails, T'bars, all suspension components......one of the defining characteristics of an "Early-A", this site is intellectually equipped enough to not require a hall monitor when '60-'62(even the '63 Dart, which is a 'one-off' in many respects..) is discussed with the rest w/o getting confused.
Thanks for the input tho'.

LOL! I was going to say "who has an early a body anyway...?" I haven't seen one in a while Ill be looking at this years car shows...:)
RoadToads are 1000 times more scarce than any hemi car! but worth pennies on the dollar! I had a 62 Dart (B body) also but sold it. They are worth some bucks but not everyone loves them either!!
and... call my cars and me anything you like,, just don't call me late for supper (dinner to some)!

RoadToads are 1000 times more scarce than any hemi car! but worth pennies on the dollar! I had a 62 Dart (B body) also but sold it. They are worth some bucks but not everyone loves them either!!
and... call my cars and me anything you like,, just don't call me late for supper (dinner to some)!
LOL! is "Road Toad " specific to the early A? or does it apply to that style that the same era B bodies had also?

LOL! is "Road Toad " specific to the early A? or does it apply to that style that the same era B bodies had also?
Just 60-2 Lancer and Valiant. The 62 B old be had with the max wedge and thus a good following for that body style. A solid 62 B car will bring some bucks in any condition. (4 doors excepted). Some will say they are ugly, most will say the RoadToad is ugly, I say it is unique!! Wife loves ours, but I need to sell it due to failing health.

Just 60-2 Lancer and Valiant. The 62 B old be had with the max wedge and thus a good following for that body style. A solid 62 B car will bring some bucks in any condition. (4 doors excepted). Some will say they are ugly, most will say the RoadToad is ugly, I say it is unique!! Wife loves ours, but I need to sell it due to failing health.
IMO the Non flattering term you are of course welcome to use is a body style very similar to the 62 Dart B body's but enlarged, like maybe you could say like a "Swollen Toad"?

Last edited:
A Virgil Exner design.

No research needed Sport, pre-'67 A-bodies are structurally narrower in the front end by ~2.5", frame rails, T'bars, all suspension components......one of the defining characteristics of an "Early-A", this site is intellectually equipped enough to not require a hall monitor when '60-'62(even the '63 Dart, which is a 'one-off' in many respects..) is discussed with the rest w/o getting confused.
Thanks for the input tho'.

You are welcome.
But not equipped enough to separate out the 60-62's that share nothing with the later years?
I have never anyone use a 2.5" as an identifier of their cars body model only in this thread, but that's OK I can handle it.
Btw the way, I own cars that are 2.5" narrower and wider body styles, just to clear the air.

Much more important things to waste time arguing over. Good grief.

I like the 62 Fury neat look to it.
It made a big impression on me as a kid as I watched Richard Petty finish 2nd in the 1962 Daytona 500 chase but never catch Fireball Roberts in his #22 Pontiac.
They were such an aero barn door back then.

A Virgil Exner design.
Actually, from what I have read, Virgil designed the 62 Dart before he left and before it went to production. Dodge had heard incorrectly of a soon to be released GM Intermediate offering, so after Virgil left, they tried to revamp the design last minute to stay competitive by I believe among of things, taking out inches in its width, that helped make the car rather unusual (wrap around rear window?), and maybe resulting in poor sales. It was the last series with his design DNA. Luckily I currently still have 4 Virgil cars.

Last edited:
You are welcome.
But not equipped enough to separate out the 60-62's that share nothing with the later years?
I have never anyone use a 2.5" as an identifier of their cars body model only in this thread, but that's OK I can handle it.
Btw the way, I own cars that are 2.5" narrower and wider body styles, just to clear the air.
Uhmmm, maybe You misunderstand, We know the difference...We just don't care. We also know the Forums list is long enough.
Peace..

Actually, from what I have read, Virgil designed the 62 Dart before he left and before it went to production. Dodge had heard incorrectly of a soon to be released GM Intermediate offering, so after Virgil left, they tried to revamp the design last minute to stay competitive by I believe among of things, taking out inches in its width, that helped make the car rather unusual, and maybe resulting in poor sales. It was the last series with his design DNA. Luckily I currently still have 4 Virgil cars.
Exner definitely left His mark, nothin' like 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back