Early "A" driveshaft safety loop

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
What are you early "A" guy's using for a drive shaft safety loop? Anyone try this one, I found it on ebay, not sure if the hole will line up on the trans crossmember. Thanks, Keith.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-Bo...011QQitemZ320223832544QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

a4c3_2.jpg

I have one of those I am going to use on my 64. I moscked it up and it seems to fit okay but I won't know until I gat the driveshaft made. I am going to weld it to the crossmember.

Interesting. I was thinking of making my own. Is that thing aluminum. I sure hope not. Or is it galvanized. You got a link to the ebag listing? It looks adjustable too.

Cut that puppy in half, rotate it 180 degrees, and mount it to your pinion snubber mount. Now it looks like a better rear driveshaft safety hoop!

I perfer the floorpan mounted hoops. The one that hangs off of the crossmember just looks like a harmonic vibration waiting to happen on a highway driven car.... :shaking2:

Cut that puppy in half, rotate it 180 degrees, and mount it to your pinion snubber mount. Now it looks like a better rear driveshaft safety hoop!

I perfer the floorpan mounted hoops. The one that hangs off of the crossmember just looks like a harmonic vibration waiting to happen on a highway driven car.... :shaking2:

I ran one on my 67 Dart with no problems. Not a himt of vibration. It's made of steel and plenty beefy

I used a bolt in from Summit on my 62 Valiant, the floor board type, I also beefed up where it mounted too.

T6061? Does that meet nhra/ihra standards in case that's an issue??

-
Back