Early A exhaust manifold/header help!!!

-

Badart

Reaction score
Alright I have an issue. The car is a 65 Barracuda with power steering (wife's car) with a 273 and 318 heads. I sold the original 273 manifolds, because I heard that I would have to grind on them and would devalue them. I have tried a set of 340 manifolds, they don't fit and hit the power box (and no, grinding won't work) I have also tried a set of 318 manifolds from and E body and they hit the stupid steering box too. These early A's are even tighter than the later cars. I don't think later A body manifolds/headers will work either because of how close the steering box sits to the head.

Please tell me what will fit. I will consider headers too. Thanks

none that I know of with power steering... spitfires?

I think you your only affordable option.

Come on John noes the time to set up the jig and start making Dillinger Early- A Body headers.LOL.Guys are always looking for another option other than Spitfires or TTI,s.There,s always fenderwells.Good luck.:D

Early A manifolds or TTI headers, and there is no value in the early A manifolds i just sold a set at spring fling for $50

if the car is an auto trans. you might try late model 5.2 dodge ram manifolds i had a clearance problem with my 65 valiant with a 318 using 273 manifolds and the ram ones worked for me no more problems, just an idea

Magnum manifolds will not fit power steering. Just use a pair of the stock manifolds you sold. They'll support 300 or a little more HP just fine. You caint be makin much more with a 273.

Magnum manifolds will not fit power steering. Just use a pair of the stock manifolds you sold. They'll support 300 or a little more HP just fine. You caint be makin much more with a 273.

Thanks stroker scamp. I may have to do that.

I just pulled a set of factory 318 exhaust manifolds off a 69 Dart with power steering. Let me know if your interested in them.

-
Back