Early A fuel tube mods???

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone modified their fuel fill tube for their early A to prevent the fuel
backsplash problem they have? I believe the 67 and newer A's have a tube that is bent towards the trunk floor instead of the gradual angle that the early cars do. See "barnyard fresh" photo. toolmanmike

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong... The 67 up does have a bit straighter shot to the tank. I think the main difference or improvement was a larger diameter tube. Good luck

Layson's sells a modified tube that is supposed to solve the problem. Don't recall the price, but I remember that it's expensive & also has a core charge. I have no idea what the mod is bit if somebody figures it out I'd like to know.

I will confirm that my fuel tube is a more straight shot down into the tank on my 74 Dart.
I wish I had a picture to prove it, but alas, I do not, but mine is one straight \ down into the tank.

be interested in anyone's idea here, my '63 is a PITA too, tho it's a wagon and I don't know if they're the same or not

They are not the same. And yes it's a pain in the patoot!! The wagon has the filler lower in the quarter panel, and this is why it sloshes real bad. My wagon has been changed considerably, and it doesn't do this anymore. O and that lovely sound of fuel sloshing forever if it's not completely full with the factory tank.

car stuff (2)a.jpg

-
Back