Early A intake/carb combos

-

cb66valiant

Reaction score
I was wondering what intake and carb with air cleaner combos anyone was running and if there were any hood clearance issues. I've got a 66 Valiant currently a 273 but I am building a 69 340 to drop in it. The old 273 has a low edelbrock 318 intake with a edelbrock carb. Can't use that intake, the ports are to small. So just pickin' brains here. Thanks!

I,ve got a 360 with a TorkerII intake and thermoquad in my 66 Dart.I have an aftermarket breather on it that I had to pound the lower dish.My hood closes!:cheers:

Pics. of 360

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

Parts to sell 003.jpg

on my '64 dart i have a weiand stealth intake, edelbrock carb., 14x3inch standard air cleaner and it has on of those holley short spacers for the air cleaner with plenty of room.

aaaa.jpg

i have a 64 dart with a 360 with a holley street dominator intake and edelbrock carb and spreadbore adaptor and i actually had to raise the aircleaner with a 1" spacer to clear the throttle linkage on the carb, cheapo 14" air cleaner with a 3" element and there are no hood clearance issues. also i raised the motor by 3/8" at the mounts for steering linkage clearance.
-tim

the stock 360 cast iron one Im using might as well be a ported performer intake with a 600 cfm holley

I am using an LD4B with a 650 Edelbrock........on my 64 Valiant

I have a 273 with an Eddy Performer, spacer( 3/4" ?), and Eddy carb topped by the stock Commando air cleaner ( 3" element? ) in my '65 Dart. Probably not much clearance, but it works.

Eddy Airgap, 1/2" spacer, holley 650dp w/3" drop base air cleaner on my 64Dart. Not clearance issues...

-
Back