Early A mini starter question

-
I did search this before asking, but does anyone know if this starter will work with the TTI /Dougs headers?
I would appreciate any help. Maybe it's complete junk IDK.
Thanks
http://www.db-starter-alternator.co... PLYMOUTH STARTER SUPER TORQUE! 17466 SND0088
I have a 66 Dart,with a 360 and Spitfire headers(can,t help with TTI,Dougs)I used a mini-starter that I got from a 89,318 Dakota at the local pick and pull.Nearly new for $40.Fits great,hope this might help a bit?

Thanks for the input, but I don't think there is the same clearance issues with the starter when using the Spitfires. TTi's and Dougs are super tight.

Not sure on the Dougs but you need the Powermaster clocked starter. Last time I checked they were not making them.

I have tti's on my '64 and with a 904 trans. the stock type mini starter does fit. it is close so I put heat wrap around it but a year later its still perfectly fine. it will not work if you have a 727 or a manual trans.

I have tti's on my '64 and with a 904 trans. the stock type mini starter does fit. it is close so I put heat wrap around it but a year later its still perfectly fine. it will not work if you have a 727 or a manual trans.

why do you say it wont work wit ha 727 or a manual trans ?? do you meen the tti.s or the min starter ??? i have one on my 340 4 speed,,its been there for 12 years on this car,,and a few on a previous car,, i also have one on a hemi,,, if it fits a 904 it will fit any other mopar set up,,,the bolt patterns are the same,,,

tti's and 727, or tti's and a manual trans. 833 either way with a stock non-adjustable mini starter won't fit. thats what tti shows in there manual for the early A's. yes the bolt pattern for the starter is the same but supposedly not the location where it mounts to. too far out so it hits the tube. 122 tooth compared to a 130.

then i guess tti is very limited on buyers,,, or they need to do there home work and get back to the drawling board,,

i remember several years ago when tti first started out,,they gave me a flyer at the mopar nats,, i believe when it was in indy,,,advertising headers for ALL A bodies,,i asked about 1966 they then told me sure same headers,, i laughed at them to there face,,told them the early A cars are narrower then the 1967 and up,,,next advertisement i seen was for 1967 and up,,,

these vendors jump in and dont do there home work,have no clue,,what is ans what isnt,,,

You wan't there number? If I had known all these issues existed before I bought them I would have gone with spitfires and saved some serious coin and headache. also check the question asked in the begining of the thread asking if the starter in question, a stock non-adjustable mini starter, would fit using tti's or the dougs. I think its now become all to common to us early -A- guys to have to use the adjustable mini starter. they need to go back to the drawing board, ditch the old design, and start over.

If you hunt around the boneyards for a starter ('88-up on the V-8s'), you can find 'em with the factory heat shields on them. One bolted on top, one on bottom- these aren't availale from Chrysler anymore, so be sure to have both when you pull the starter

cb66, what trans. are you going to use? 904+tti's=mini starter, tti's+833/727=adjustable starter, dougs=mini starter.

If you hunt around the boneyards for a starter ('88-up on the V-8s'), you can find 'em with the factory heat shields on them. One bolted on top, one on bottom- these aren't availale from Chrysler anymore, so be sure to have both when you pull the starter

whats not available ?? the starter or the shield? ive never seen an adjustable starter,, cant imagine how it would adjust,, its either meshed to the ring gear or its not ??

here ya go. adjustable mopar starter. powermaster makes this one.

9523.jpg

I am in the process of having a '69 340 built at the machine shop. It will be backed by a 904 with a reverse pattern, manual valve body. I think I have decided to go with the Spit's, change to manual steer and save some money.
Thanks for the info guys. When I get this thing done I will post some pics. It currently needs repainted, painted in '92, and just freshened up. I haven't drove it much the past 8 years, but getting the itch.

-
Back