Early A Trans Mount Rubber Style...Unobtanium?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Do they still sell early a trans mounts in rubber? I cannot seem to find them (looking for the style with 2 bolts)

If I have a late seventies 904 in my 65, would this use the 2 bolt or 1 bolt trans mount?
Havent taken it out or I would know the answer to the second question
thanks all!

I had mine in my hand today,mines a 66 Dart and has the one bolt mount.The car came with a 6 cyl.,but I,ve been running an 8cyl/904 in it with 8 3/4 s.g.Works fine.

the 1 bolt works for the 2 bolt application--- just cheaper to make a 1 bolter--- If you want a 2 bolt style andy bernbaum might have it.. Lawrence

I think have you tried rock auto or schumacher?

I have a 2 bot on my 64 dart

Do they still sell early a trans mounts in rubber? I cannot seem to find them (looking for the style with 2 bolts)

If I have a late seventies 904 in my 65, would this use the 2 bolt or 1 bolt trans mount?
Havent taken it out or I would know the answer to the second question
thanks all!

http://www.imperialservices.net/Imperial Services - '60-'72 A-Body Parts.htm

1961-1965 A-Body (1961 225 only)

Automatic and Manual Transmission Mount

Replaces P/N 2265 836. All new steel brackets with polyurethane insulator. Top bracket zinc-dichromate plated for corrosion resistance. Can also be used in place of single stud '66-'70 mount above by drilling a second hole in your crossmember. Excellent choice for high horsepower, manual transmission, or sticky-tired cars. Two mounting studs like the originals. Includes serrated locking nuts.

IS-102 - $79 + shipping

IS-102.gif

1961-1965 A-Body (1961 225 only)

Automatic and Manual Transmission Mount

Replaces P/N 2265 836. All new steel brackets with polyurethane insulator. Top bracket zinc-dichromate plated for corrosion resistance. Can also be used in place of single stud '66-'70 mount above by drilling a second hole in your crossmember. Excellent choice for high horsepower, manual transmission, or sticky-tired cars. Two mounting studs like the originals. Includes serrated locking nuts.

IS-102 - $79 + shipping

IS-102.gif

I dragged my Imperial Services transmission mount out today to see how it was gonna fit and found it's approximately 1/4 in taller that my original. Wonder if the taller height will make a difference?

I dragged my Imperial Services transmission mount out today to see how it was gonna fit and found it's approximately 1/4 in taller that my original. Wonder if the taller height will make a difference?

I bought one of these several years ago & not only was it a bit taller, the bolt locations were off so much it was impossible to use. Ended up putting my original mount back in.

For some reason people are always messing with transmission mounts that don't fit on Darts. I had really big problems finding a correct mount for my Dart when I swapped the 727 in. All the mounts I could get were too tall and would cause the top of the tail section to be pushed solid to the top of the cross member area. I eventually gave up and made my own cross member about 3 weeks ago. I can now run the tall version PU mounts that are readily available.

I dragged my Imperial Services transmission mount out today to see how it was gonna fit and found it's approximately 1/4 in taller that my original.

See here and here. I like the mount (and customer service) from PolyBushings; I try to support them (actually "him", it's a one-man operation) because he supports the A-body community -- he's now got poly engine mounts for the '62-'66 slant-6 A-bodies, for example, and poly replacement spools for the '73-up slant-6 engine mounts. Nobody else makes either of those products.

I have a spare 2 post laying around if you are interested.

dan he doesnt carry the early a trans mount right? the motor mounts look nice just wish they came in v8 variations

Right, my mistake, my brain must not have been firing on all six. Imperial services YES, polybushings NO on the '62-'72 trans mounts.

-
Back