early a wiper arm

-

ram45red

Reaction score
Trying to find replacement springs on the wiper arms of a 61 valiant or info on ones that someone modified to work or maybe good arms to replace the ones on car now.

how close to an ace type hardware store are you? I had fixed a set of those back in the day-- they have a huge selection of springs, one of them was very close to the original size-- I think I had to shorten it a little & bend one end-- but it worked fine.

i don't know if I still have pictures --i will check-- finding a correct 60-62 arm with decent springs is a tough call, Lawrence

also there is an adapter kit that fastens to the post of your wipers & you can put later style arms on-- but you'll have to get the adjusting arm type to allow for the l/r arms on those toads.

See attached annotated diagram for installing a new Napa 60-1699 refill in a 65 Dart in the original Dart holder which retains the original look......maybe it works for a 61?

Attachments

• WiperRefillInstallation.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 527
Seems like a lot of work, when the Anco 41-03 (I apologize, I got the number wrong in my first post) wiper arm and its included adapter just bolt on in 5 minutes or less.
Granted, the 41-03 does not look like the original '64 arm, but I need my wipers to work - function over appearance!

The correct Anco # for the '61 Valiant is 41-02.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

ATB

BC

but I need my wipers to work - function over appearance!

BC

Tested the NAPA 60-1699, as modified, for 3 fun filled winters in New England thru ice, salt, snow, & rain plus summer sun baking including 70 travel miles a day and continuous outdoor parking to suggest they are "functional"....Now if I could only get the windshield washers to work as well (even after a new washer motor replacement & blowing out nozzles & lines!).

Sorry you took my comment as a slam on your work. For me, getting the wipers to work was (and still is) more important than correct appearance.
I'm glad yours work too. My windshield washers work quite well, but with a generic auto parts store pump.

ATB

BC

-
Back