Early A ?

-

Mysons68dart

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but can someone tell me the start and end dates of the early A's. Thank you.
Gary

Yea, kinda. 1960 and 61 Valiants and Lancers are pretty different underneath. I tell people 60-62 are the early A's, 63-66 second Gen but still an early A.

60-66 not so with the Dart. The Dart was not an A body until 63.

I’ve always considered the 63/66 Darts and Valiants as the early A with the 60-62’s in their own category.

I’ve always considered the 63/66 Darts and Valiants as the early A with the 60-62’s in their own category.

The 60-62 Plymouths are indeed A bodies. They're just "different". But they are A bodies.

An LA engine does fit in a Toad.

engine_bay.jpg

I'm not any kind of expert, but i considered any a body previous to the bigger engine compartment in 67, an early A.

Agreed, but the 60-62 Darts ain't it. lol

Add the fact that the '62's used some of the '63-6 front suspension and steering, and it could be in a class all by itself! :lol: I agree that the '60-6 models are early A's, with the toads having their own subclass.

The 60-62 Darts were B bodies. Period.

Other than you, who has even mentioned '60-2 Darts? Yup, those are B-bodies and not a part of this discussion.

Other than you, who has even mentioned '60-2 Darts? Yup, those are B-bodies and not a part of this discussion.

You seemed to lump all into one basket. Go back and read what you typed and pretend you don't know how you meant it.

Where did I even mention a '60-2 Dart other than to comment on your post?

60’- 62’ Lancer and Valiants were considered their own car
line, like Dodge and Plymouth, If you do a little research neither was badged anything other than Lancer or Valiant. As Rusty mentioned the Dart became an A body in 63’ the Lancer got retired and the Valiant became a Plymouth.

Where did I even mention a '60-2 Dart other than to comment on your post?

Dude, is it that big a farkkin deal? We're simply trying to clarify something someone asked about that didn't know. Get hold of yourself.

63-66 share mostly the same parts and design, I consider them to be early A bodies. The Lancer and Valiant from 60-62 I consider in a class by themselves as mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
63-66 share mostly the same parts and design, I consider them to be early A bodies. The Lanser and Valiant from 60-62 I consider in a class by themselves as mentioned above.

I never have known the Lancer was it's own brand. I knew Valiant was. Still both technically an A body. They aren't B bodies and their wheelbase, size and track width is all the same as an A body. Mopar made A bodies, B bodies and C bodies and trucks back then. That was it. Easy to determine the three the Lancer and Valiant AIN'T. So that just leaves one.

Dude, is it that big a farkkin deal? We're simply trying to clarify something someone asked about that didn't know. Get hold of yourself.
No, not a big deal on my end. I just don't want words put in my mouth or claims that I said something when I didn't.

No, not a big deal on my end. I just don't want words put in my mouth or claims that I said something when I didn't.

I didn't. I simply told you how I inferred what you said. You have zero control over "THAT".

-
Back