-
Status
Not open for further replies.

doc540

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
My '61 has a stamped steel alternator bracket, but I really need one of the later ('63-'64) CAST IRON brackets.

Anyone have an extra?

This is one of my last projects on the Lancer, so please help a guy out.

Thanks!

Like this:
lancer alternator bracket3.jpg

Is this what you looking for? Cast iron and fresh off a dirty, oily engine lol!
C522036D-777C-4A18-B286-B3E8F17ADDBC.jpeg

9FC832DE-B56E-45BE-AB89-480B3ED9BD9E.jpeg

It came off a 65. I was under the impression they were the same from about 62 or 63 up through the last slant in 87. I could be wrong about that though.

It came off a 65. I was under the impression they were the same from about 62 or 63 up through the last slant in 87. I could be wrong about that though.

I hope that's the one I need.

Let me ask slantsixdan to chime in to confirm it.

Thanks

If you want it (oil and dirt included), pay the postage on it by whatever might be the least expensive way of shipping.

Before I pack it do you want to confirm with SSDan first to make sure it’s what you need?

The same cast iron lower alternator bracket was used '62 through at least '76. It will directly replace the bendy '61-only stamped steel bracket. The one in the pictures will be fine on your '61.

The same cast iron lower alternator bracket was used '62 through at least '76. It will directly replace the bendy '61-only stamped steel bracket. The one in the pictures will be fine on your '61.

Thanks.
Looking forward to installing it.

While you're thinking about it, here's a tip published 25 years ago in the Slant-6 News that's still worth keeping in mind, even though you're no longer likely to find Slant-6s in wrecking yards.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 12.33.14.jpg

While you're thinking about it, here's a tip published 25 years ago in the Slant-6 News that's still worth keeping in mind, even though you're no longer likely to find Slant-6s in wrecking yards.

Well, that's a little good news.

I have the anti-wobble slider bracket.

My '61 has a stamped steel alternator bracket, but I really need one of the later ('63-'64) CAST IRON brackets.

Anyone have an extra?

This is one of my last projects on the Lancer, so please help a guy out.

Thanks!

Like this:
View attachment 1715114114
You might do better in the "parts wanted" section. I'll move the thread there.

My slanty head is so old it doesnt have a alternator bolt boss on the water neck.
slanty.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back