Early Snow Already

-

djwhog

Reaction score
Hard to think of with so many folks cooking in the middle of the USA, yes I know AZ and SOCAL deserts are hot and vegas normal.. But the mid US has been getting cooked.

Wel today in snowed i nthe mountains in Cody WY, it is only in the upper 50s at the house before the sun went down, and highs wont go over low to mid 60s, mid 70s are max for long term and summer is over, is going to be fall like temps till late sept then winter already.

Man I was just liking the mid 80s...

Way to short this yer for Summer.. global what??????:)

Oh crap. It's been hot, but I know how short summers seem to me now too. I rode to the nats most of the way with the windows down in the Challenger and it was 95 most of the day. The humidity isn't nearly as bad here in Ohio as it was in Illinois.

NOOOOO say it ain't so! It was 29c here today 36c with humidity. I do not even want to say the S word for now. We get it long enough in a year.

I was on a scouting trip on Monday for the upcoming deer hunt. Hiking off of the mountain the temp was 40 degrees.

Wel today in snowed i nthe mountains in Cody WY, it is only in the upper 50s at the house before the sun went down, and highs wont go over low to mid 60s, mid 70s are max for long term and summer is over, is going to be fall like temps till late sept then winter already.

Love your neck of the woods. Hope to retire in that part of the US when the time comes, if I can't find a way to get there sooner.

Still 80s-90s here in the NoCal mountains, but the nights are dipping down in the 50s and I can see the sun is setting farther south. I like winters-I get more work done :thumbup:

Ken

I used to spend my summers at a summer camp/ranch in Sunlight Valley, outside of Cody. I couldn't even imagine being in one of the little log house cabins we stayed in during a snow storm!! Then again, my best friend lives in Jackson Wyoming and he tells me the only month they don't expect it to snow is July........

This is a family-oriented site! Anyone using the S word in the summer deserves a banning!

Grant

It was 54 deg. inside my house this morning from leaving my windows open and I agree with djwhog, I think an early winter here if the foothills of Colorado. It was also quite a moist July along with the first part of August.

Yes,No One allowed to use a indecent language.summer is still here, funny how chilly it got though this week, but I have found I like it right here in my own backyard. Nice patio with water feature and fish. My dogs and the kids in the pool and birds singing.It ia nice cool atmosphere.
cleardot.gif

90's in the day and 50's at night. My brick house is like heat retainer though and even with the fans blasting I'm lucky if it get's down to 75 in the house at night.

I'm getting out into the the garage right now where it's cool... and where boris the giant spider awaits......

LOL, not surprised to hear about the snow. See, I was on vacation in Colorado last month, (July), and my brother, GREAT-nephew, and myself went fishing to Antero Reservoir. My brother lives just outside of Denver near Red Rocks for those familiar with the area, and we left his place around 4:30 am. When we got close to Antero the temp. was 36 degrees! WOW!!!! And this was around 6:00 am. Now, it didn't stay that cold for long once the sun finally made it over the mountains, but 36 is still cold!

I hate snow im glad i dont have to deal with it ever.

Aw come on its not that bad. Gotta love a White Christmas with all the lights reflecting off the snow, the beautiful clean white landscape with snowmen.....I know I know shut up Mark you are getting way ahead of yourself and it is a tough sell.

Aw come on its not that bad. Gotta love a White Christmas with all the lights reflecting off the snow, the beautiful clean white landscape with snowmen.....I know I know shut up Mark you are getting way ahead of yourself and it is a tough sell.

I'll take snow over 90-100 degree days any day of the week. If it was 55-65 all year round I'd be happy as a clam. Luckily, Colorado has quite mix of weather and yes, it snowed on a few 14K peaks too this past week. I was up in Grandby one year to watch the fireworks and it snowed on the 4th of July. Down in Denver though it's just too freakin hot during the day. I've seen it snow on Labor Day weekend here in Denver, so much that a bunch of trees got all buggered up.

I can't wait until Indian Summer!!!! 80's in the day and 40's at night. Ahhhhh! :clock:

I'll take snow over 90-100 degree days any day of the week. If it was 55-65 all year round I'd be happy as a clam. Luckily, Colorado has quite mix of weather and yes, it snowed on a few 14K peaks too this past week. I was up in Grandby one year to watch the fireworks and it snowed on the 4th of July. Down in Denver though it's just too freakin hot during the day. I've seen it snow on Labor Day weekend here in Denver, so much that a bunch of trees got all buggered up.

I can't wait until Indian Summer!!!! 80's in the day and 40's at night. Ahhhhh! :clock:

I hear ya Ramcharger my favorite time of the year is Fall, not too hot and not too cold and perfect night time sleeping weather.

I couldn't agree more Ramcharger. Seeing my breath at night gets me excited. It means the elk rut and deer hunting is coming.

It was 103 degrees real temp last night when I finished my regular job and went to work my volunteer job!! Storms came through and it is 69 degrees this am!! Yea!!!!!

-
Back