Earnhardt Flips in Nationwide Race

-
earnhardt would be fliipping burgers if his name was not earnhardt

He is very lucky that he walked away from that one. He is not one of my favorite drivers, but to crash like that is scary.

Hopefully that's the last wild ride for him for a while. Victory lane tomorrow is more like his place. Go Jr!!! Maybe Busch and/or Hamlin will land on their lids tomorrow and get some sense knocked into them...
I don't think a name alone leads to 18 Cup wins, a Daytona 500 Trophy, 2 Nationwide championships, and a host of other wins at various short tracks before he got his shot, most the other drivers can't come close to that.
Tomorrow's race is going to be great. Go Jr!!!

Dam,they were going down a straight. What was Edwards thinking.
Ya,he's not the Driver his Dad was but who is ?
Hes a good kid.
Cant wait for the Daytona tomorrow !

Scary crash yes, but the cars are built to be destroyed, bottom line. They are designed to handle exactly that and much worse if necessary. Not exactly a fan of Earnhardt Jr., in face I'm so tired of hearing about him, it's one of the reasons I quit watching NASCAR. Glad he is ok though.

"Bad day for JR Motorsports"
Is he no longer with Hendrick?

I don't think a name alone leads to 18 Cup wins, a Daytona 500 Trophy, 2 Nationwide championships, and a host of other wins at various short tracks before he got his shot, most the other drivers can't come close to that.
Tomorrow's race is going to be great. Go Jr!!!

Thank you. If Jr wasn't any good DEI would still be around without him. He won races after his father passing.

Teams of the future, Stewart Haus and JR Motorsports. Just watch.

Scary crash yes, but the cars are built to be destroyed, bottom line. They are designed to handle exactly that and much worse if necessary. Not exactly a fan of Earnhardt Jr., in face I'm so tired of hearing about him, it's one of the reasons I quit watching NASCAR. Glad he is ok though.

He is with Hendrick for his cup car. He runs his own car for the Nationwide races.

I dont think Hendricks races any Nationwide events. Gordon, Johnson, Martin.

I,m sure they thought that about his dads car too.

And he walks away unhurt....hers to JR. winning a few races this year:drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:...

2nd place in the sprint race. Go Jr. he could have tried for the win but he pushed the 1 across.

Jr. said He wrecked 250 grand on saturday and doesn't feel like doing it ever again lol

I,m sure they thought that about his dads car too.

Im sure they did think that.. but it wasnt so much Sr's car that let him down as it was just plain physics.. 190mph to stop instantly = bad things.. Another example of tragedy bringing about change in the rules and designs to promote safety.. safer barriers and head and neck restraints were in talks for a while before that day, and people thought it was not needed.. took 3 drivers to get killed in less than a year, the last being Earnhardt Sr.. to finally prove the changes were needed... The drivers walk away from very scarey wrecks because of it... That was a wild ride Jr took, glad he walked away... and awsome job comming in 2nd in the 500... Think this might be a good year for him...

Im sure they did think that.. but it wasnt so much Sr's car that let him down as it was just plain physics.. 190mph to stop instantly = bad things.. Another example of tragedy bringing about change in the rules and designs to promote safety.. safer barriers and head and neck restraints were in talks for a while before that day, and people thought it was not needed.. took 3 drivers to get killed in less than a year, the last being Earnhardt Sr.. to finally prove the changes were needed... The drivers walk away from very scarey wrecks because of it... That was a wild ride Jr took, glad he walked away... and awsome job comming in 2nd in the 500... Think this might be a good year for him...

A huge turning point in the safety changes they were trying to bring in was Sr.'s death. He was extremely against the hans device, because he figured that it would be the death of him. He once referred to the Hans Device as "That damned noose".

His death was extremely graphic with the g's he pulled hitting the wall literally sucking 3/4's of the blood in his body out.

It took Sr.'s death for everyone who was on the fence about the device to wear one.

In the same race we lost Sr. Tony Stewart went for a wild ride that looked 10X worse then Sr.'s. He walked away.

Totally on purpose.
The other guy grabbed 2' of his rear quarter with his fender on a pit manuver the cops use!
I liked the second camera angle from the car in front!8)

I cannot Imagine driving one of those cars at that speed, AND I really cannot imagine what it would be like to be going that speed and all the sudden be a flippin down the track like he did, and like Tony Stewart did, and others. I don't have a favorite driver, I don't follow it that much..but Im glad he is OK!! WOW, what a wreck!!

It was the guy behind him that went a little to the right and the guy in the outside went a little left and they touched, causing the car on the outside to get into Earnhardt.

If you have never raced, take a bunch of fast motorcycles, run them 2 feet apart behind a semi-truck at 100mph.

It is really hard to see/judge where you are on the track, you can't see very much around you, things happen VERY quickly, the turbulance will scare the crap out of you and move you around and there ain't nothing you can do about it.

In the same race we lost Sr. Tony Stewart went for a wild ride that looked 10X worse then Sr.'s. He walked away.

Very true.. that was a scarey ride for Tony.. he ended up landing on his teammate who was like 7 cars back.. but physics was the reason he walked away from that one... the car stayed in motion, spinning, twisting, etc.. while still moving forward ... Earnhardts car came to a complete and instant stop... it appeared to still be moving only because it was being pushed sideways by Kenny Schraders car.. I cant imagine what its like to have any kind of wreck in those cars, going those speeds.. I know there are all the Nascar (and circle track in general) haters out there.. but I have often tried to imagine just how insane it is to be strapped into one of those cars, doing 190+ mph, in a pack of 43 cars, going 3 wide nose to tail... all that jumping and bouncing, bump drafting, no brake lights, split second desicions.. and just one very small mistake... and pow.. insane crash time... I dont care what anyone says, I like all forms of motorsports.. and I respect the fact that they're risking it all everytime they strap in... Nascar, IRL, Indy, NHRA, etc...

-
Back