easy engine mounts

-
Oh ya, we ground a little tab/spru off the drivers side exhaust manifold right at the steering colum there.

If we were using different manifolds, a thin biscuit on the drivers side might be okay.a

Just to clarify, this is on a /6 K-frame.

I'm no expert, but I do believe all 67-7? a-bodies share the same /6 k-frames and dimensions. So you should be okay.

However, the poster way up above said he used the thick rubber biscuit on the right side but found it to be too thick and had to use it on the left. Did he just make a mistake and say the wronog thing, or is his car slightly different? Given that these cars were welded together by humans, there are certain slight variations in lots of things. That's why they have adjustable devices on the steering and suspension to account for these slight imperfections.

Okay, I didn't realize this until tonight but Tom apparently drilled a new hole in the left side (drivers side) mount where the rubber biscuit attaches. This new hole shifts the mount slightly forward (the hole is closer to the back of the mount, towards the firewall). I guess moving the mount to the rear of motor ears would have accomplished the same kind of thing, but that mount didn't fit there (318 mount, 360 motor...I guess it only fits with some washers).

So I'm just trying to say, our experience is not necessarily what you may experience or want to experience! :) All I know for sure is the motor is in there and lined up pretty darn good. Personally I would just buy the Schumacher kit but Tom (car owner) didn't want to spend any money.

-
Back