Easy one - fastener specs

-

Rat Patrol

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the specs for the the bolt that secures the belt tensioner pulley to the accessories cover?

The bolt uses a 15mm socket so it PROBABLY an M10 bolt size. According to the manual torque the bolt to 34 NM or 40 FTLBS.

I'd buy an M8 M10 and M12.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Here's a guy replacing the belt tensioner, it will give you an idea about how far the bolt should stick out the back of the tensioner, my guess 25mm to 30mm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--Hz75a0TM"]How To Install Repair Replace Serpentine Belt Tensioner Dodge Ram 02-08 5.7L Hemi 1AAuto.com - YouTube[/ame]

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks for your help - Ive decided to ord the factory replacement parts -

Idler Pulley - This is the pulley on the alternator side of the Water pump - it seems that the idler pulley has an integral threaded stud - not a separate bolt like i thought

Tensioner pulley - The tensioner pulley "screw" has a special retaining washer ....

......so Im safer with the Mopar parts.

If Im wrong on the idler pulley please let me know - but the parts manual has no listing for an "idler pulley bolt"

Image00001-2.jpg

Image00002-2.jpg

Thanks Dave

As you know from our chat - the idler pulley bolt is on extreme back order.

I have an order in with a very helpful supplier - but if anyone has a used spare idler pulley bolt laying around ...I can paypal the price of a sixpack of your preferred beer and postage !!:drinkers:

-
Back