ebay 65 barracuda stored for years!!

-
that's why I posted it-- I thought the seller is too proud of the ride.

I like the one in Vegas(member here) for sale now ,Lawrence

It is strange how the holes are there. Can anybody provide proof of whatever the truth is?

Don't have proof but I was told the holes were for the machine that stamped the numbers, it located the tag in the machine. If you look at a an early tag, the first 2 digits are reversed stamped but the last numbers were done in a sequence. The tags were glued on then spot welded before the rivets started. I think they used something like a cleco clamp to hold the tag while the glue dried then they removed the clamp.

I beg to differ, My 1966 Barracuda has rivets that have a star shaped head to them that hold on the VIN tag. My fathers 1966 Barracuda did as well. The fender tags are held on with screws.

Perhaps the 1965's are different.
True for a 66 but this car is a 65 and out of the many I have had I have yet to see rivets on a 64 or 65 so if it had them I would be nervous.

none of my 64's or 65's had rivets. well one did, but that was due to the dufus before me riveting it on.

What is up with that grill? Are slats missing?

No rivets on my '65 either.

Love the "upgraded Commando 4 barrel valve covers",,,that should make it waaayyy faster!!...Thats all thats Commando...no AFB or 4bbl intake under that 2 bbl air cleaner.

Looked like there is some paint problems above the rocker panel molding. Could be other paint problems. Windshield washer tank and pump were not reinstalled after repaint. Can't believe driving without one.

But he says it hasn't been repainted. That's the thing that jumps out at me...the paint looks too new somehow. I have a 1963 Oldsmobile that has been inside undriven for 44 years and the paint does not look like that.

By that, I mean it has spiderwebbed some from age, dulled a bit, but it hasn't chipped like that one has.And, the trunk latch has been moved around some. Very nice looking car but I have doubts about it's originality.

Neither my '64, or '65 Barracudas have rivets. That is how the cars were built. It was held on with either spot welds, or glue. If I understand it correctly, '65 was the last year they didn't use rivets. They started using rivets on their cars in '66.

This is how my 64 more door was

It does look like a pretty decent car but would certainly require closer examination. The paint sure looks to be applied over some sanding by the photos......
Aside from the hokey, cheapo spring style broken antenna fix and a few other items (which have been mentioned) such as the alternator wiring, heater hose routing, plug wires, valve covers, dual exhaust, wheels and tires it looks pretty correct. And I also gotta wonder about the silly looking center grille section....

-
Back