Ebay 68 Barracuda 35k?

-
You could build a better one cheaper.

Here`s another example of somebody who really doesn`t want to sell their car. 35K for this car? Look at all of the things that should prevent this car from being the high side of retail.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150198163545&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Well the first thing that popped out at me was the 30% for the 340 option.....that according to NADA guide shouldn't have been included.....

"1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 2 Door Fastback (340)
Note: Engines listed in parenthesis after model: Do not add for engine in option section. (i.e. 2 Door Sdn (440) - includes the 440 engine.)"

Next: some interior parts still need restoration and that right there would knock it out of the "high retail" down to "average retail" category.

Which according to NADA guide would put it at about $14950....

Hows that for starters?

I could see 35K.... But not for that car as it sits. For that kind of money it should be PERFECT, every nut, bolt, Door panel, and engine should be in the same shape that it was the day it poped out of Ma Mopar.

I could see 35K.... But not for that car as it sits. For that kind of money it should be PERFECT, every nut, bolt, Door panel, and engine should be in the same shape that it was the day it poped out of Ma Mopar.

That`s what I thought ,a complete nut and bolt restoration. I haven`t decoded the fender tag but this car looks like the interior was blue and painted black. The door panels are done poorly and the dash pad is shot. The engine hasn`t even been rebuilt , and look at the incorrect fan blade and the missing shroud and/or spacer. What are they thinking?

Even $35K for a truely done complete resto would be pushing it. Not like an O.E. Nats winner, but it would have to be an exceptionally restored 68 340 auto car.

That car needs a close inspection. All those pics with all the car lifts so handy in that shop, but no undercarriage pictures ??

You could build a better one cheaper.

I am.... for WAY LESS than 35K!

That car is nice, but not $35,000 nice. Just look at that trunk lid. What does he have, an upside down upper trunk trim on the bottom? And that engine...wow. That is one scruffy old dog.

I'm looking for one.
But not this one.
They also have a 70 Hemi Cuda.
If you have to ask the price, don't call.
I'd like to see them both run new at Watkins Glenn.
Good Race?

Maybe this falls under the title of "Honest honey, I really tried to sell it but nobody would give me what it's worth. Guess I'll just have to hang on to it 'cause I'm sure not going to give it away."

It`s missing it`s seat belts too. It wouldn`t even pass inspection here in Va. without it`s seat belts. 35k for a car that won`t pass state inspection. Ouch! This guy`s either hitting the crack pipe or indeed is not interested in selling the car.

-
Back