ebay 73 Duster 340

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this guy is trying to screw someone or if he truly doesnt know.
73 Duster "wedge" 340. The wedge decal is ridiculous and I cant believe anyone would think its factory. Its got 71 stripes, No power brakes and the wrong intake and carb. I asked for a picture of the fender tag and then vin#. He ignored my request for the vin and said he doesnt know what a fender tag is. He also has 0 feed back

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Plymouth-Duster-340-Wedge-/251158623254?forcev4exp=true#v4-42

He is from Pahrump NV...what do you expect....LOL

its clear the 340 decals were added. my guess it was a slant car that has been swapped and the engine call-outs added.

the base slant 73 dusters could be had with that side stripe and no stripes for the tail panel or call outs, which mine did and still does. its clear the 340 decals were added. my guess it was a slant car that has been swapped and the engine call-outs added.

Yes you could get stripes on any Duster but those are 71 stripes

Yes you could get stripes on any Duster but those are 71 stripes

whats the difference between these and those? maybe i missed it

these are my original stripes ..or so i thought... i added the callouts and the second pin stripe in top of the stripe.

Attachments

• d268.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 249
  • d264.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 258
I'd want to see a VIN if I were to believe the 340 claim. It'd be a cool car if it did have the correct VIN, especially with the sunroof...but the lack of a VIN and the claim of "Leather" seats make me suspicios

Its a cool car even if its a 318 car. Black with white buckets, console, sunroof. But be honest about it.

those are 71 stripes. Do you have pictures of the car with those on it new ?

i knew that was an earlier stripe but i thought it could still be had on the 73s. in my ripe old age i thought it was on my fender tag and there isnt even a stripe code on it, how disappointing. the car has 58,000 original miles and i know because of the service records and the FY1 has never been repainted. i am the third owner. someone must have had it put on early in its life because it is sun faded and cracked..... so i dont have a dog in this one. i do know when i repaint it, i will put the correct stripe on it. well thanks for setting me straight.

Those are not the correct side stripes for a '73 and the hood decal was added by a previous owner aka....a day 2 mod!

Seller is just employing some marketing optimism..lol....seller just needs to:read: up on Mopars. As always, buyer beware.

i knew that was an earlier stripe but i thought it could still be had on the 73s. in my ripe old age i thought it was on my fender tag and there isnt even a stripe code on it, how disappointing. the car has 58,000 original miles and i know because of the service records and the FY1 has never been repainted. i am the third owner. someone must have had it put on early in its life because it is sun faded and cracked..... so i dont have a dog in this one. i do know when i repaint it, i will put the correct stripe on it. well thanks for setting me straight.
That is actually not even an accurate reproduction of the 71 style stripe. They did not have a full outline that went on the top. Should look like this one with the lower "pinstripe" actually not starting until about 6 inches in from the front of the fender and no upper pinstripe at all

Attachments

• 71 duster pic.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 71 duster pic 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 219
i added the callouts and the second pin stripe in top of the stripe.

That is actually not even an accurate reproduction of the 71 style stripe. They did not have a full outline that went on the top. Should look like this one with the lower "pinstripe" actually not starting until about 6 inches in from the front of the fender and no upper pinstripe at all

you are right, i stated i added the upper pinstripe...btw, thats a great shade of green, very nice

-
Back