ebay/paypal in a little hot water?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw on the "puter" other day where looks like they got caught with some naughty practices. seems like several things. I guess one problem stems from their paypal credit ( ie what was called bill me later). they would give you 6 months to pay off debit ,if not paid in fiull by then, you would owe interest. but they did not do a good job of reminding the purchaser that it was due.

one thing about them that amuses me is the deal where the seller weighs the package and uses ebay to figure the postage. when this happens, feebay also adds into the postage the 9% fees for feebay and paypal. the buyer gets to pay the sellers fees> LOL!

ebay has almost become a scam. By this I mean in "all kinds of ways." Hidden nasty phees, no oversight on sellers and ridiculous website setup that no one can possibly "follow." I DETEST using ebay although I still do "some."

I don't know why ebay and their paypal "relationship" are not illegal.

I will occasionally buy a part on there I need and priced fair. seems like I most always just contact the seller, if he is getting no bids, and make an offer.

I have bought and sold some good saddles on there. I have used the bill me later deal, but I always pay it off before due.

selling a car on there to me, generally is a joke.

I think EBAY credit is great. Use it all the time. I get emails letting me know when a payment is due and what amount is required to avoid interest.

LOL I have EBAY Credit account a 5000.00 limit. I can use it all over the place! Home Depot, All kinds of places. MT

LOL I have EBAY Credit account a 5000.00 limit. I can use it all over the place! Home Depot, All kinds of places. MT

Yup. Only downside is no rewards like American Express or Citi Gold. I have the wife use AMEX for food and gas.

Oh and it is paypal credit now I think. I just know I have to log into PayPal to see activity and balance.

Tom

Ebay used to be a fun site-- it as my garage sale on-line. I browse it for buying now & rarely try to sell on it.
It now is a corporate goon squad much like most of the United States now.
Lawrence

If you are trying to sell unique items, AKA old car parts, you get a huge audience. Lots of chances to find THE person who REALLY needs the chrome plated whatever from the 19whatever. MT

I find it much easier to hunt and find a certain maker saddle on there that is worth the money than to sell one on there. car parts, I will buy there but I rarely have any parts to sell.
they didn't notify some of us when the interest was about to start to accrue on some purchases, and that is what the feds are pissed over. paypal signed people up for their cared card without permission. that I don't see as any big d eal. I basically just like credit cards for emergencies.

... I basically just like credit cards for emergencies.

I like credit cards for the air miles!! If it weren't for air miles I wouldn't hardly ever get to go on vacation! I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay a fair amount of invoices with credit cards. I have three cards, two for air miles, one for cash back. I have already used about a dozen free tickets! Cori and I have flown to Mexico several times, LA, New York a couple times, Costa Rica, right now we have about 6 tickets waiting to be used! It's crazy! The "cash back" card only allows up to $350 cash back per year, in December she took $350 then a few days later (January) she took another $350 so we had free tickets and $700 spending cash! The thing is... You gotta pay off your cards every month or you get hit with the fees and interest.

-
Back