Ebay Sway bars?

-
I would not go for it without an advertised brans of some sort. Go for it and let us know how they work out.

Looks like a lot of universal style brackets there. I'd rather order a good bar made for my car to fit the type of driving I plan on doing. Dave@Hellwig is a member here and could recommend a good bar for your car.

This front bar from Hellwig looks pretty decent for $143. Same 1 1/8" size as your ebay bars, except that is hollow for lighter weight.

shopping

Any sway bar is better than no sway bar. The factory bar for 67 through 72 A-bodies is long, slender, thus limber and less effective. With and without it makes a huge difference though. A front bar with subframe connectors may be all you need.

Looks identical to the Addco bars right down to the cheesy hardware.

Sadly I have Addco bars, which are good but the hardware is not, but in 1997, there were no other bars available.

Yes, that does look just like the Addco hardware. Check the price on JC Whitney for comparison.

I am using the Addco front bar but I have replaced pretty much all the hardware to make it fit right and work correctly. If I were buying new I'd look at Hellwig or FirmFeel for a better engineered solution. Even if it cost $100 more, it would save hours of fiddling, and probably work better.

-
Back