ebay tuff wheel

-
Did any 1970 Mopars have a wheel like this as a factory option?
Iv'e seen a few of these installed and they look good but I need to stay with factory avaialble original parts to maintain my original status.

I'd be a bit leary of the foam crip type. I drove a dart recently that had one and the foam had seperated from the wheel itself and twisted inside. The true leather grip is 279.00. A bit pricy, but I'd spend the extra money. I don't know if you need an instalation kit if original column didn't have one or if the mounting holes are different.

Did any 1970 Mopars have a wheel like this as a factory option?
Iv'e seen a few of these installed and they look good but I need to stay with factory avaialble original parts to maintain my original status.

Im really not sure when these wheels came out as a factory option. I have seen many 1970 challengers or cudas before with them on but they could be aftermarket.

On my 1970 Duster I have looked into several steering wheels.These are what I have come up with: Grant 846 Classic Nostalgia wheel it is designed after Mopar Tuff Wheel. It is 15 " diameter,2 1/2 dish,foam grip; The Grant Challenger 860. It is 13 3/4 diameter,2 1/4 dish,foam grip; The Grant 1130 Collector's Edition 14 diameter,3 3/4 dish,leather grip. On Ebay you will find a Mopar Reproduction Tuff wheel listed from time to time. I bought one and sent it back.You need the correct Tuff wheel hardware to mount the wheel and on the inside of the wheel there is a ridge where you wrap your fingers around the wheel. It did not feel comfortable to me. I am not overly concerned about original looking steering wheel. When I get to point of needing a steering wheel, I am thinking of usuing the Grant 1130 leather wrapped steering. Summit Racing sells that wheel for around $130.00.

for some reason ebay links here don't work for me.

if its a grant 15" wheel they are nice in my opinion. i bought one at carlisle for my dart and it feels great. the adapte kit that you can buy for the grant style really sucks. its ugly as hell looking. but the wheel does fit the stock tuff wheel/rim blow wheel adapter and then it lokks great.

I'm saving up for the leather version, but that one on Ebay looks like a great deal.

for some reason ebay links here don't work for me.

if its a grant 15" wheel they are nice in my opinion. i bought one at carlisle for my dart and it feels great. the adapte kit that you can buy for the grant style really sucks. its ugly as hell looking. but the wheel does fit the stock tuff wheel/rim blow wheel adapter and then it lokks great.

Go to ebay and type in "duster steering wheel" it should be the third one down with a buy-it-now for $99.95.

I saw the post with your 15 inch tuff wheel on your Dart and looks great, but the one from the ebay link has a diameter of 13 1/2. It also mentions it is a authorized factory direct distributor for grant wheels. So I would imagine it's basicaly the same design. Seems like a good deal for $100 being the installation kit and column extension is included. But what I really like about it is the Duster horn button. Almost looks factory. However being it's a 13 1/2 diameter im afraid it may look somewhat small and not right. My current steering wheel is stock and it measures just over 15 inch's in diameter. Does anyone have the tuff wheel that is smaller than 15 inchs in diameter on there car?

That looks like an older Grant challanger wheel. The newer grant tuff wheels are nicer.

I actually found a nice mohagany grant wheel with polished center at autozone for only $100 I think im going to go that route

I bought one of those grant tuff wheel knock offs with the painted spokes for
My Dart ,shoulda waited they came out with a 15" wheel with polished stainless steel spokes a short time afterward, and the horn button looks a lot more like the original . My .02

I bought one of those grant tuff wheel knock offs with the painted spokes for
My Dart ,shoulda waited they came out with a 15" wheel with polished stainless steel spokes a short time afterward, and the horn button looks a lot more like the original . My .02

"jomoper" What is your overall opinion of the grant tuff wheel look alike? Is it comftorable to use?

The better looking one is out of my price range for a steering wheel but it sure looks good. Im not too worried about the correct look. I just want it to look and feel good. I noticed the cheaper ones have a variety of horn buttons such as plymouth and mopar stamped in the middle and I think that would look sharp.

-
Back