Eddy airgap intakes?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
So far...

76 360 40 over on the block, 10 mains and 10 rods
a set of the high swirl 80's heads with a real nice port job on bolth intake and exhaust sides and 2.02's.
Cam specs...

CHRY V/8 HYD. CAM
CID/LTR 318-360

SPECS INT EXH
DUR [email protected] 210 220
VALVE LIFT .429 .444

The summit rebuild kit I got was the cheapo sealed power fel-pro kit with
8.66:1 compression (so they say) hyp. pistons.

I can use either a eddy 650 or a BG road demon thats in the same range as the eddy.

For exhaust I am running 360 truck mannafolds into 80 inch long 3 inch sidepipes. I was told that the 82-83 dakota 318 magnum exhaust mannafolds flow better than the 340 mannafolds that people charge an arm and a leg for so I was going to try a pair of those.

Intake......Anyone use a eddy airgap intake on a daily driver? or should I go with a performer, or use the old Offy 360 intake for a smallblock that I have on the shelf?

You've already got the Offy... use it. Sounds like this is a cruiser, not a drag racer.

Thats what I was thinking, I just needed someone to back me up. It's the whole "everything else is new and shiny and it looks really neat in that summit book, and I really really want one.....but do I need it?"

So take it somewhere and have it bead blasted for 25 bucks or so. It will look good as new.

lol..At least you're honest about the "shiney factor"...Offy has never been my first choice, but rarely buy a new intake either..I like swap meets. I wouldnt bother with an air gap, I'd keep my eyes open for a std Performer, or Weiand Stealth, or even an old LD340. If you feel like using the Offy, as Gota said, have it bead blasted (Only the top, NOT the bottom where the oil is splashed) and it will look almost new.

After a glass beeding, wash it down with water, then soap and water and then soap and water again and again. Weather or not it gets blasted under or not.

What offy intake is it?
Most any Edel. dual plane will work great. Not all of them though. LD-340, Performer, LD4B are great examples. The RPM is a bit off the mark for this daily driver.

The Magnum exhaust manifolds, theres a set (Early) that work real well. The MoPar performance books recomend 1 Magnum and one early 340 exhaust manifold to take advantage of the best parts from new and old.
The new Magnum exhaust manifolds have a decent outlet. Look for the ealry unit that has the 2-1/4 outlet.

I put an air gap on my 340, to replace a single plane Wieand. It's good, but if I already had a good dual plane I wouldn't go out and buy an air gap. On my 69 B'cuda, hood clearance was tight with the air gap and a holley. I had to go low-pro air cleaner.
-Shupe

I have one of the Professional Products Crosswind Air Gap knock offs on my 360. On the few cold mornings (high 20's low 30's) it has taken about 4 to 5 miles for everything to warm up and be totally happy. Other than that I can't imagine what you could improve upon for a daily driver.

But, like others have said if you have a manifold i don't know if I would go out and invest in abother one.

I am runnung a offy rite now and with small valve heads, 474 cam, 4 speed, 323 sure grip and dinky tires I ran 14.21 in the 1/4. my dart weighs 3300# so that puts me at about 300hp at the crank.

I think the car runs good for what it is!:)

-
Back