Edelbrock—Layoffs

-
IF you have homestead exempt, ag exempt, and over 65 not terribly bad but way or than Mo. where I came fro. Just warmer!

I have never lived there , my wife had a really good paying job down there for about a yr and a half , she gave it up when I wouldn`t move there .
Plano was house top to house top roofs and nothing but blacktop and cement .
Not good for this country boy , we took turns driving back and forth every week end , got where I hated even going down there !
I`M SOONER BORN , AND SOONER BREAD,
WHEN I DIE , I`LL BE SOONER DEAD !

^^^ Why we live in a county with ONE traffic light For the HS when it lets out really. But it is too lose to Houston, and East Tx in general has so many people. I am used to Missouri where I lived for 37 years out in the sticks.

well, let me play "lawyer" for a moment.

the U.S. Constitution has a rule that the government can't pass a law making something illegal today that was "legal" yesterday. it's called the prohibition against "ex post facto" laws. that's why when Bill Clinton got the assault weapons ban passed in the mid-1990's, that law only outlawed the "future manufacture and sales" of the weapons covered in the law. the law did NOT make it illegal to own any of the listed firearms if you owned them "before" the law passed.

it will be the same for internal combustion vehicles. assuming we still have our Constitution by 2035. if General Motors says it will stop "manufacturing" IC passenger cars by the 2035 model year, that will NOT make any prior GM vehicles illegal to own or operate. it just means GM will not be producing any new IC vehicles. so you are 100% correct. stopping production does not mean a BAN on IC vehicles. but obviously when the U.S. moves into the world of "electric only new vehicles" the pressure and screws on IC vehicles will mount.

I always thought ex post facto only applied to criminal law.
In other words if something I did yesterday was made illegal today, I could not be prosecuted retro actively for having done it

But are you saying "things" that I have right now legally can't be made "illegal" to have tomorrow?
Thanks.
:)

Look up Grandfather Clauses. They're widespread over many things but mainly relate to zoning and real property.

Another reason why I don’t believe this is ALL just a “California is miserable for business thing”....

#1) Edelbrock Corp does not own the land the main plant and HQ is on....it’s still owned by the family

#2) Two other parcels with museum and manufacturing were sold by Edelbrock Corp (ISN) last April 2020 and Oct 2019 for.... $18.1M and 9.6M respectively. ... all public record BTW.

I’m thinking $29.7 million will buy you some property and buildings in Olive Branch Mississippi for everyone to be under one roof...

...and maybe leftover to pay down some debt too??? Or maybe down payment on another business???

-
Back