Edelbrock Air Gap Cheap Knockoff

-
I only repeated what I read here in the past, not claiming that figure myself
Your totally confusing me and now claiming to not know what your talking about but just simply being a parrot.

There is a member here with an engine masters contestant running that chink knock off and swears it’s great but has not swapped to a RPM to see how it does. IMO, just because it made great power doesn’t mean it’s the best intake for the job.

Choose accordingly, choose wisely!
Is that the guy with zero data or anything at all to back up his claim, but continuously posts some forgotten engine competition from 2003? Yeah, one guy used it in a magazine....must be awesome lol

I think your explanation is great. Works, yes. Best ever...ehhh.....it works lol

yep, I will jump in…if you think these very obviously smart, veteran engine master competitors left 30 horse on the table for at the time maybe 150 bucks…..not sure what to tell you

Iron-Headed Mopar 318 Magnum Engine- Popular Hot Rodding Magazine
Since in researching intakes, I have seen you drop that article 3 times, and quote the same guy every time you do, i figured i would read it.

Your 323 guys built a "neat" engine. Not one I would consider anywhere near the holy grail. Btw, the article is 16 years old. Anything first hand or relevent to post?

Its peak HP was at 4900 RPM. Is that good in someone's eye's??? And it had to wind to 6500 to make peak torque? What kind of curve is that? Those guys could have picked anything they wanted, and they choose iron magnum heads and a dual plane intake to chase numbers, then use 1.625 headers?

BTW, it placed about 13th out of 27 entrants (3 of which blew up on the dyno). Again. Neat...not amazing.

Since in researching intakes, I have seen you drop that article 3 times, and quote the same guy every time you do, i figured i would read it.

Your 323 guys built a "neat" engine. Not one I would consider anywhere near the holy grail. Btw, the article is 16 years old. Anything first hand or relevent to post?

Its peak HP was at 4900 RPM. Is that good in someone's eye's??? And it had to wind to 6500 to make peak torque? What kind of curve is that? Those guys could have picked anything they wanted, and they choose iron magnum heads and a dual plane intake to chase numbers, then use 1.625 headers?

BTW, it placed about 13th out of 27 entrants (3 of which blew up on the dyno). Again. Neat...not amazing.

4900 rpm peak horsepower, what?

made peak power at 6500, and appeared to still be pulling.
and you do realize those competitions are ran in a certain rpm range( 2500-6500 in this case) so the combo has to be built to suit that range.
As far as it being old.. everything about that build is still revelant today.
And I actually went down the track with that motor much more recently(6-7 years ago)
So my comments are actually more to the point than anybody else that hasn’t done so in this thread.
And frankly, I could care less what you think about it. I haven’t heard of a more stout pump gas 318 since, have you? It was a bad *** little motor.

Last edited:
Is that the guy with zero data or anything at all to back up his claim, but continuously posts some forgotten engine competition from 2003? Yeah, one guy used it in a magazine....must be awesome lol
The fella has a nice engine with a history in a competition. The data can be looked up easy enough. The full build specs are out there. I have read them before. It’s a stout mill for sure & not one that you couldn’t copy and drive around. I personally think the intake should be changed for more HP but I wouldn’t badger anyone into that move.

Is the engine optimized? That’s a personal point of view dependent on the persons goals.

I don’t know why it was built the way it was built for the competition. Following the rules that were in place at the time I’m sure there is a reason it was done that way and I don’t know where they stood at the time in there decision making and choices on the build.

Member Johnny Mac of BluePrint engines has told us of what happens on there engines when they tried different intakes. I have no reason not to believe him and he has always been a straight shooter. However, their engine is a 408, not a 318. I firmly believe the smaller the engine and the less power an engine makes the less it cares what intake is on top.

Could the RPM have made less torque down low? IDK
Could the intake offset the dyno read out and scored less? IDK

I think your explanation is great. Works, yes. Best ever...ehhh.....it works lol
Thanks. This is how I see it on at least the larger engines. I’ve had them on 360’s, both intakes that is, the RPM & the chink knock off. In the future, if things work out as planned, I’ll dyno test them and a few others. The more choices we have the more blurrier the eyes become. I think there is a place for every intake for everyone. Then again, IMO, I think the chink knock off is made just to take a slice of the American pie and nothing else.
4900 rpm peak horsepower, what?

made peak power at 6500, and appeared to still be pulling.
I think there is a confusion where the values/words were a slip up and crossed.
and you do realize those competitions are ran in a certain rpm range( 2500-6500 in this case) so the combo has to be built to suit that range.
As far as it being old.. everything about that build is still revelant today.
And I actually went down the track with that motor much more recently(6-7 years ago)
Still proving the build quality! Thumbs up!
I’d call the power range rules a great range for the average Joe building a street engine. This one was certainly capable.
So my comments are actually more to the point than anybody else that hasn’t done so in this thread.
And frankly, I could care less what you think about it. I haven’t heard of a more stout pump gas 318 since, have you? It was a bad *** little motor.
That it was and it running, it still is. It’s not a slouch for a 318 by any means. It’s also not a slouch next to other sized small blocks.

The guy I sold the 71 Duster too( with that motor in it) still has it and cruises around with it.
He stopped in with it last summer to let me see a couple changes he had made to the car( Full exhaust out to the back,Cragers)

here is the car when I had it, didn’t like the painted steel bumpers, but I never did anything about them….

IMG_0019.jpeg

I would liked to have made couple passes in it with the original cam that was in it during enginemasters.
One that I used was a good bit smaller.
You don’t happen to remember the specs off hand do you?

Call me vein, but I don't like the knockoff intakes just because the two different intake bolt provisions look stupid. :lol:

You don’t happen to remember the specs off hand do you?

Enginemasters cam was 247/247 @50 little over 600 lift with the rockers used.
Mine was 231/237 ish, roughly the same lift.
I figured( probably wrongly) the springs/ valvetrain wouldn’t last being used as a street strip car.

Anyone have any experience with these cheap Edelbrock Air Gap Knockoffs that are on EBAY ?

I know it goes without saying that you get what you pay for but was just wondering if anyone has bolted one on ?

View attachment 1716102470
I try to refrain from using Chinesium cheap crapola. It may bolt on and work fine. The problem is these cheap knockoffs undercut the companies that spent a pile of money on R&D to design and test a product. So purchasing the Chinesium leads to the companies we have trusted and relied on to go broke or move into the road apples condominium.
You go to Wally World and buy the "inexpensive", which in actual fact is cheap, socks or shoes. They do not wear well and have to be tossed prematurely as they fall apart.
On top of that, most of the Chinesium priducers are directly affiliated with the CCP and/or PLA which is a hostile foreign government intent on destroying the western freedoms and affluence. Yup, purchasing the real McCoy costs more up front, but these days we need to vote on our futures with our dollars while we still are able to.

Do you think the quality started to go down after Vic died?
Even having product cast or manufactured in China to save on production costs is to a point self defeating. Any company you contract with or any partner you take up with to set up production in China is attached at the hip to the CCP. They have little to no respect for intellectual property rights, so will set up another company in a nearby city to produce a knockoff, copy or reverse engineered product to undersell you. You spend the money to design and develop a product which is expensive. Knocking out copies is very inexpensive, so they can underselk your product by a large amount and still made a substantial profit.

I have no reference orexperience with either of these manifolds for small block Mopar, tho everything I've read or seen says an rpm is the premier street manifold for just about everything.
However, just yesterday I saw a episode of engine masters testing BBC two plane manifolds on a mild 454, and the speedmaster clone/copy of the rpm airgap was down about 3hp/5ftLb to the real thing.
And yes, of course that means nothing to the comparison of sbm manifolds, I just found it interesting.

Anyone tried one on a 273 4 barrel? It will be stock w/ mildly cleaned up ports on 920 heads, manifolds and a cam similar to the e4. 3.23 gears and a 2200-2400 stall. Choosing between one of these, or a stealth manifold

Anyone tried one on a 273 4 barrel? It will be stock w/ mildly cleaned up ports on 920 heads, manifolds and a cam similar to the e4. 3.23 gears and a 2200-2400 stall. Choosing between one of these, or a stealth manifold
You can't go wrong for $185

I asked you about this by quoting YOU and you’re asking me?
What planet are you on?
I quoted YOU to ask on the price you posted, if it was for the China intake.

Do drink and post here? Are you in drugs?

Look at the line of quotes below!

For the intake manifold from China?

Are they that cheap now ??

Seriously! Are you messing with me or are you that burnt in the head? I’m serious and I’m not joking! This is one of the most insane things I seen here and the. You have the F-ing nerve to cry to me I’m being mean when you can’t even comprehend the conversation at hand and realize what YOU wrote and that I’m asking you about your post only to question me on what I didn’t write?

Are you F-ing insane?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy freakin Mac & Cheese! You tell me if there that cheap since I was asking you on your post that I quoted above!

Hint - look for the post where the “$185” is written!

Last edited:
Even having product cast or manufactured in China to save on production costs is to a point self defeating. Any company you contract with or any partner you take up with to set up production in China is attached at the hip to the CCP. They have little to no respect for intellectual property rights, so will set up another company in a nearby city to produce a knockoff, copy or reverse engineered product to undersell you. You spend the money to design and develop a product which is expensive. Knocking out copies is very inexpensive, so they can underselk your product by a large amount and still made a substantial profit.
Hence the knock off Air Gaps......

-
Back