Edelbrock heads

-
I was just wondering about it because I read somewhere that they were needed. I am running Comp Cams HE 268 kit. Any suggestions on which heads to buy? I am looking at Edelbrock 60775 or 60779 . It is a 418 stroker.

The difference between those two part numbers is the valve springs, with a "268" cam I doubt you need the "roller cam" ones.

What ever you buy, have a reputable shop look them over and verify the heads are sound. Like go over the valve job, valve to guide fit, spring install height, etc.

Have you considered talking too one of the supporting Mopar shops like MRL, IMM and I think there are a few other?

I was just wondering about it because I read somewhere that they were needed. I am running Comp Cams HE 268 kit. Any suggestions on which heads to buy? I am looking at Edelbrock 60775 or 60779 . It is a 418 stroker.

Ran eddy heads with mopar HD non adjustable rockers with a Hughes 3037 cam...231/237 @.050 with .515/535 lift........drove on street....ran it down the track...

Ran eddy heads with mopar HD non adjustable rockers with a Hughes 3037 cam...231/237 @.050 with .515/535 lift........drove on street....ran it down the track...

Would you mind sharing the rest of your setup?
What did it run?

Thanks for the information. It is good to know that that I can use what I have since they are all new. I am now concerned about about the quality of the edelbrock heads. Are there any other options around the same price?

Thanks for the information. It is good to know that that I can use what I have since they are all new. I am now concerned about about the quality of the edelbrock heads. Are there any other options around the same price?

buy your new heads bare and fill them with QUALITY parts and use at least a 2.08 intake valve . have a good machine shop do the work. And the parts that elderbrock uses are less than satisfactory . this is just my experience .

The thing is you will buy pushrods either way,why not buy adjustable rockers and be good if you change hyd. cams

You need to use aftermarket rocker arms for sure, I just talked to them yesterday. They recommend Hughs or (im drawing a blank)

Hughesengines and Comp Cams have reasonable price on rocker arms.

Would you mind sharing the rest of your setup?
What did it run?

73 340 duster with 360...eddy head...eddy air gap...hughes 3036 cam...stock converter...3.23 gears....with 225/60 x 14 street tires....walking it off the starting line it ran 14.00 in vegas air..

same engine with 10 converter..4.30 gears..9 inch slicks ..ran 12.68 @ 106.50 in vegas air....never could get it to 60 ft very good.

-
Back