edelbrock intake help

-

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
I am planning to use the edelbrock 7576 intake and was wondering if anyone has used this on a 340 Duster with a standard hood? I am concerned if I will have problems with it being to high when the hood is closed. I do not want to cut out my hood to make room for the air cleaner. I am using a factory duel snorkel air cleaner.
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/edl-7576/overview/

No problem if you run a drop base air cleaner. I ran that intake WITH a 1 inch spacer on my Demon. Currently running a Super Victor. Stock 340 hood.

Thanks, but I am not sure if the Demon has the same clearance as the Duster and I want to use my air cleaner

If you don't get an answer, then the Edelbrock spec page has the carb pad height and other dimensions so you can figure this out. The webpage link below also has a link to another page that explains how they measure the intake dimensions.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/manifolds/chrysler/rpm-air-gap-sb.shtml

Use those numbers and measure your existing manifold and air cleaner to hood clearance with some clay and compare.

Looks like it should work with about 1 inch of clearance if I don't use the spacer between the carb and the manifold

I have a weiand stealth on my 318 in my 71 scamp (identical to a duster front end). It fits under the factory hood. I have a 340 with the eddy 7176 intake to put into my car, and I've compared the intakes are a match in height. Close enough anyway.

I think you'll be fine but I'm not familiar with the dual snorkel air cleaner.

What carb?
This makes a difference on which air cleaner you can run.

I have an edlebrock 650 carb, the duel snorkel is the same height as the factory single snorkel with trap door

Holley 1850 on the 318 with lame chrome summit racing air cleaner. (Holley 4778C on the 340 but it's not in the car yet. I want to use my mopar performance air cleaner with it. )

-
Back