[Found!] Edelbrock LD340 intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that $495 in the ad I linked is Canadian dollars, which is about $375 USD. Then of course there's shipping costs.

Why not just get a Edelbrock Performer from Summit or Jegs? I hear they're about the same performance level as the LD340.

I've thought about a new Edelbrock. Then I get geeky and think it would be cool to have a vintage intake on the vintage car.

If you have small runner heads you want a small runner intake. I sold my NIB Performer spread bore and found an LD4B. Glad I held out for it too, car run super with it.

You know, I see the LD4Bs readily available and priced nicely. Our car's had a 360 conversion.
As much as I want a torquey motor down low, I wonder if those LD4B runners are too small ?

Thanks for the reply,
Steve

You want the same runners in your intake as the head has, my opinion only. If you have large runner heads use a large runner manifold. (Performer) The LD4B was the thing in the day and was manufactured with mopar part numbers. Unless you have a drag racing motor, odds are the LD4B will flow plenty for your needs. You could use the late model manifold and port-match them at the heads, some folks do that too. My combo is built component match to run 5500 RPM, no more. In any case, good luck with your endeavor!

I cant believe the prices people are paying for LD340s. I know they are a good intake and all, for 500$, throw a performer rpm on there.

use a performer RPM, and do what we did back in the day - grind or machine off the edelbrock letters and numbers. ah the good old days-I bought a good used LD340 around 1982 for $20. and sold it for $40. I sold it cuz I have another one on my engine

The preformer RPM is the larger runner intake from Edelbrock. And the air gap just has an opening under it. All three are very close. And the LD340 is not noticeably better.

People are just getting sucked into hype.
The the writing in the intake is not that noticeable for a vintage look. There are a lot more noticeable things that stand out first that make a vintage intake just a fart in the wind.

Aluminum radiator, Gm booster from a brake swap kit, air cleaner, valve covers, electric fan, etc... all better look vintage also.

see you there!

I'll have a bunch of parts in the club swap spot. Lots of E-body stuff and about every autometer pro comp gauge in the box, brake conversion....

Will have a vintage moroso vacuum resivor/can, and new MP SB tach drive distributor.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the information and conversation !
I used SearchTempest last night and found a LD340 at a REALLY good price !!!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back