Edelbrock Performer on 318

-

mflynn

Reaction score
I am putting a 4 bbl on a 318 in a 68 Cuda. Replacing the original intake manifold with and Edelbrock Performer. problem is there is a short "stem" on either end of the top of the block, and a matching hole on either end of the original manifold. But the Edelbrock doesn't have the holes. Am I missing something here? Do I drill the holes in the Edelbrock? or do I file the stems down off the block? Anyone else ever encounter this? Nothing in the Edelbrock manual about this

either put a pair of vise grips and pull them out...or take something and wack them off....

get rid of them...lol

Don't be a whacking those stems.

You must be gentle with 'little pricks'.

Use a 'Vise-Grip' on those Mothers, and pull.

One more thing. Let us know how it performs when you get the parts installed.

Looks like a consensus - vise grips or hammer, lose the little pricks! Don't know yet on the gasket but I figured that might tell me if the pricks stay or go.

I had 318 with 600 holley years back it worked real well for me. Good luck.

They will usually come out just by grabbing them with a pair of pliers, twist and pull up.
Start reading up on intake gasket installs on here, because there are a couple of things you need to know like using RTV or "Right Stuff" instead of the cork for the ends of the intake.
Also that the supplied metal shim gasket should not be used with an aluminum intake, and that the bolts need sealer on the threads when going back on.

-
Back