Edelbrock RPM Heads

-

IQ52

Reaction score
Just some fun stuff we are working on. Of course, while we wait for the TrickFlow heads, ahem.

Lift...............OOTB IN/EX 2" exhaust tube............Ported

.100.......................73/59................................73/61
.200.....................148/125.............................158/130
.300.....................209/166.............................220/181
.400.....................254/196.............................277/220
.500.....................276/219.............................314/246
.600.....................282/234.............................333/267
.700.....................287/242.............................343/283
.750..................... NA/NA...............................349/NA

View attachment Edelbrock RPM 2.25 1.78 001.jpg

View attachment Edelbrock RPM 2.25 1.78 002.jpg

View attachment Edelbrock RPM 2.25 1.78 003.jpg

View attachment Edelbrock RPM 2.25 1.78 004.jpg

Sweet !!
What are they going on ?
You guys do such nice work !!!
More then one person who saw the edelbrocks you guys did for me said it was the nicest port work they have ever seen !!

what does a port job of this nature cost? if a set of used heads were sent to you assembled. this would also be assuming a valve job and heads rebuilt. I have a set of 84cc heads now that i am thinking about having done at the end of the race season.

So, I guess the "not available" translates into "trade secret"? lol Nice numbers Jim.

Sweet !!
What are they going on ?
You guys do such nice work !!!
More then one person who saw the edelbrocks you guys did for me said it was the nicest port work they have ever seen !!

Jimmer,

They are going on a 440 in a beautiful '69 Dodge Dart on the East Coast.

Should have finished the heads long ago, but we seem to be catching up. These heads take a particularly long time. Lot's of flowbench time balancing the port flows.

Jim, what model RPM head? (CC chamber)

That ought to wake up a 440 nicely. They would probably help a 383/400 scream bloody murder down the track.

Thank you for the compliments. There are very few sets of heads like this in existence, it's a lot of work. That's why when trick flow says they are going to produce their head with a CNC program, I know it won't happen very easily. It is going to take a lot of refinement until they get it right with these non-raised ports.

No, they are standard port width and a little taller. 1.200" wide and 2.390" tall. The standard tin valley pan is 1.217" wide and 2.275" tall.

what does a port job of this nature cost? if a set of used heads were sent to you assembled. this would also be assuming a valve job and heads rebuilt. I have a set of 84cc heads now that i am thinking about having done at the end of the race season.

A ported set as you describe would be returned to you inspected, spring pressures checked, assembled, ready to bolt on, with new intake valves, intake seats, seals and valve spring shims, original exhaust valves, springs, retainers, locks and spring cups. The valve heights and installed heights would be equalized. They will be cc'd and combustion surface milled. This would cost $1,735.00 plus shipping and any defective parts that were replaced.

A ported set as you describe would be returned to you inspected, spring pressures checked, assembled, ready to bolt on, with new intake valves, intake seats, seals and valve spring shims, original exhaust valves, springs, retainers, locks and spring cups. The valve heights and installed heights would be equalized. They will be cc'd and combustion surface milled. This would cost $1,735.00 plus shipping and any defective parts that were replaced.

That's a good value,for handcrafted personalized work.... Considered some of the aftermarket CNC upgrade option prices.

Nice! I did a set like this a few years ago, and it was a TON of work. But a mild cammed 505 made 650/650 with them and has many thousands of miles on it now. We ended up with 343/273 at .700", I think that just about maxes out these heads, and you HAVE to go with the bigger intake valve to get it. We used a 2.19" If I were to do it again, I think I would try the 2.25"/1.78" valve package.

There isn't much benefit in doing this type of porting unless you already own your Stealth or RPM heads. If you already have RPM heads and you don't want over 750 HP then this becomes a viable option. The reason being, any other aftermarket aluminum head that you want to make 750 HP with, you will have to port anyway. Take for instance the Indy EZ CNC 295 head. To get a pair of bare heads that flow...........

..........you will have to pay $2,625 from Indy. Well, if you already own a set of RPMs you get about the same flow for $900 less. If you don't already own heads, then the Indys become a better deal. If you want 800-900 HP then you are better off starting with a race head anyway and I wouldn't choose the RPM head.

-
Back