EDM style solid lifters

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
how many of you guys using these EDM style solid ft lifters. wanting feedback on them, good bad, or indifferent.
cheers

how many of you guys using these EDM style solid ft lifters. wanting feedback on them, good bad, or indifferent.
cheers
I have a set of Comp EDM lifters. Lots of oiling on the lobes... LOTS.

I ran a set of Comp Cams solid EDM in a Hemi .610 lift and they worked great,

Never used a set. Can't see the need unless you are trying to use 600 plus pounds on the nose.

I use them any time a solid flat tappet is employed. They are a great assurance. I can't NOT see the need for more oil on the lifter to lobe interface regardless off the spring pressure. J.Rob

I like the idea just for the potential longevity it could provide.

I recently installed a new XS274S Comp Cam in my 340 and used Howards EDMs since they were less money. I lost less than 5 psi hot idle using straight 30wt VR1 with a melling HV pump. Pushrod length needs to be checked, I ended up using a shorter pushrod. I figure a few extra bucks to get some extra oil where needed at start up is worth it.

thanks for the input guys. there's obviously no down side to using them, only positives.
cheers

My engine guy will guarantee ANY flat tappet cam if you buy his EDM lifters... no warranty without them.

I've used them twice. First time on a 340 I built for a guy and he installed the engine and didn't have all his ducks in a row when doing the startup/break in and cranked and cranked on it so I'm sure the cam lube had to be wiped off the cam yet it survived. The other set I used was in a Chevy 383. I used a comp cams oval track cam in it that was ground as aggressive as what you generally see a Mopar cam ground. It's still running great and barely lost any oil pressure at all. Maybe 3 psi at the most. IMO it's cheap insurance when running an aggressive cam with a lot of spring pressure

-
Back