Edward Scissorhands - HACK JOB!!

-

bradfields

Reaction score
I'm convinced that one of the previous owners of my '71 Demon 340 was Edward Scissorhands, just check out the wiring whack and hack job on the insturment cluster! I especially like the 2 wires soldered directly to the printed circuit board!! I don't know what happened to the pigtail for the headlight switch? Anyway, there's no way I'm gonna pay $549.00 for a reproduction dash harness, I've already restored the engine bay harness, it was just as bad as this. Does anybody know if I can buy the pigtail or hardshell for the headlight switch? I also need a handfull of the small single wire connectors pictured and a firewall bulkhead connector or harshell would be nice, but not an absolute necessity.

MVC-007S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

MVC-010S.JPG

MVC-011S.JPG

it probably made sense to someone at one point....then again, maybe not. i have seen the headlight pigtail in an older carquest book, pretty sure it is available....

Damn, I think the same guy owned my '72!
If you can't find what you need, let me know and I will see if there is one on my '72 or my parts car you can have. I swear, not a single wire under my hood had not been spliced into...
C

Several years ago a buddy of mine was doing some wiring on a truck he'd bought and found the previous owner used some lamp cord to do some wiring under the dash! Talk about a fire just waiting to happen.
He ended up rewiring the entire truck just to make sure everything was right.

Several years ago a buddy of mine was doing some wiring on a truck he'd bought and found the previous owner used some lamp cord to do some wiring under the dash! Talk about a fire just waiting to happen.
He ended up rewiring the entire truck just to make sure everything was right.

I've seen the lampcord trick, too. Also just installed a steering column in a Ford F250 for a guy who thinks he knows what he's doing (he's scary to work around I don't like having him in the shop, but he's a hanger-on for the guy who owns the place) who used speaker wire for something electrical under the dash. I didn't ask much detail.

I've seen worse. Old factory wiring isn't much better. He just needed to shrink wrap the ends and butt connectors.

i have been hunting for the carquest book, have no idea where i put it.....

So what's wrong with my wiring job?:-k. I wondered why the garage door went up and down when I blew the horn.:toothy10:

Yeah, I've seen some jacked up wiring before, but this is the by far the worst one I've personally dealt with.

I was dealing with some bs with my car today and I kept thinking that I should be able to sue the previous owner for being stupid and wasting my time.

-
Back