effective rpm range

-

340 8BBL

Reaction score
what would be the rpm range on a hyd cam with 290 230@50 dur. 480 lift 110 lsa in a warmed over 10:1 340 with headders?

What heads (with flow #'s if possible)? Intake and carb combo? Need it know it all before I can guess.

You can put that cam in a small valve, stock intake and exhaust manifold and carb. engine and then swap it to big valve/ported heads, after market intake and headers with a 750 carb and will rpm 1K+ more.

sorry,j heads,202 160,eddy street t- ram with 450 holleys,hooker comp headers,installed +4 intake lobe on 106cl

It's a lot of intake and carb for a little engine and cam. I'd guess 3500-6500 with what you've given. With a proper sized 4bbl and modern dual plane, more like 2300-6000

It's a lot of intake and carb for a little engine and cam. I'd guess 3500-6500 with what you've given. With a proper sized 4bbl and modern dual plane, more like 2300-6000
believe it or not the t-ram has excellent low end with my current set up.i ran an air gap as well as an x-celerator before the t-ram.it has more low end than the weiand,and almost as much as the air gap.i expected the t-ram to have crappy low end,but(no lie) that is not the case.do you think this profile will be good for street use?

The cam itself is more likely rated at 2 - 6G rpm's. The intake style will add a few RPM to the ceiling. Considering the small carbs on top, which is the biggest reason you feel a reasonable low RPM range at all, it'll still more the low point of the power band up some.

I'm with wild and crazy guy on the band. That's my guess and seems to make sense. I could be wrong.

If it makes the power you need and you like it, it's fine...lol. There's a difference between "whats the best" and "waht is the best FOR YOU". I'd rather have a good single 4 or six barrel than dual quads. But that's just me :D

-
Back