EFI Help me if you can I'm feeling down

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Take a look at Pace Performances thread ,on Holley's setup... If you don't find ,what you need there,send him a P.M.... He's been here,a looonnngg time, runs Mopar drag cars.
To be honest, I don't see any issue on a map sensor,on a dual plane......

Westech Dyno did a test (Engine Masters?) and they took a motor and compared a good Holley to a bolt on EFI and the dual plane Intake would not work with the EFI. With that being said each case is different but the video is worth watching. Just a little food for thought....

JW

This is an observation, not an issue, in my opinion. I probably have more snipers and fitechs in the market on dual planes than single planes. If it helps someone sleep better to have side to side equalization, then you can run something as simple as the little spacer I put above.
Same as lowering the center divider, which has performed well in dyno testing, and equalizes both sides

This is an observation, not an issue, in my opinion. I probably have more snipers and fitechs in the market on dual planes than single planes. If it helps someone sleep better to have side to side equalization, then you can run something as simple as the little spacer I put above.
Same as lowering the center divider, which has performed well in dyno testing, and equalizes both sides
how much can you take out of the center divider?do you gain anything from this?other than the obvious?

Take a look at Pace Performances thread ,on Holley's setup... If you don't find ,what you need there,send him a P.M.... He's been here,a looonnngg time, runs Mopar drag cars.
To be honest, I don't see any issue on a map sensor,on a dual plane......

Thanks for all the input I'll admit tuning is not one of my best things to do and I'm trying to cover as many basis as possible (probably over thinking) before taking the plunge I do have a couple of engineers at work that are car guys that will help me if needed The Holley Sniper will be my choice when the time comes

how much can you take out of the center divider?do you gain anything from this?other than the obvious?
Depends how mild or wild the engine is truthfully. On some of our testing on some smaller cid, higher winding engines, we have picked up 10-12 with a little eigth inch lowering. Now a stock ish 318/360...probably not worth messing with. Hence the little plate, or any open spacer to equalize the sides. Itd truthfully be for "sleeping at night" purposes in this scenario. At home where I dont have a bridge port...probably would just buy the spacer. Lol

and what do you think about shaping the now cut center divide into a sharp edge? with and without that style spacer?

and what do you think about shaping the now cut center divide into a sharp edge? with and without that style spacer?

Its really dependent upon the engine, the intake, etc. Some dual planes are even cast with a hole in the bottom if the divider.
I prefer blending. I tried to grab a screen shot showing some guys just make a notch, others go the whole way across, etc. Again we arent talking huge numbers. I definatly wouldn't go nuts with this idea with an angle grinder in your garage without any real way to test the before and after. A spacer is reversible...grinding isnt.

Screenshot_2016-11-26-10-01-53.png

thanks for the info and that snap shot. im in the process of building a 383 stroker and was at the same crossroads with efi. i'm aslo using fitech just cant decide what size to go with. i wouldn't mind a centrifical style of boost latter on down the road.

thanks for the info and that snap shot. im in the process of building a 383 stroker and was at the same crossroads with efi. i'm aslo using fitech just cant decide what size to go with. i wouldn't mind a centrifical style of boost latter on down the road.
The fitechs and snipers I sell dont care much about what type of intake they are on. Dual or single. As stated we have tons in the market working on both types. They are a pretty adaptable unit. And ya. The blow through capability of the sniper and fitechs is awesome. I was going to hemi swap our old clone-runner roadrunner project...but twin ebay turbos and a sniper sounds pretty cool too lol

But isn't a single plane going to effect your bottom RPM range
From a build standpoint, sure. Single is traditionally upper rpm range. But as far as the actual efi system itself preferring one or the other...no. they simply work on both

-
Back