EGR plate

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a plate to block of the EGR valve on my intake manifold?

If you really want one they used to sell the through the dealer. You should be able to make one by using a gasket for a pattern, but........Why do you want to block it off? If you use it you can run more timing at part throttle to gain mpg and the valve itself closes at zero vacuum (full throttle) anyway. So when you're on it its not hurting anything. Something to think about.

don

I need to block it because I have a Edelbrock performer intake with the EGR valve and the motor is pre 1972 it doesn't have the rest of the EGR stuff. Also the carburetor will not fit on with valve in place.

Try the dealer. I believe that it was a truck part. Find a 1973-1977 truck parts book and you should be able to get a part number. Otherwise you're just gonna have to make one. I'd say use 1/4" steel and make sure you use a gasket (you might have to make one of those too) they are probably available in a complete engine gasket set.

I simply made one from heavy gauge aluminum plate.
About the same thickness of a street sign (wink, wink).
Run some coarse sandpaper over it lengthwise for a
brushed look. Drill a couple of holes and mount it with
a little high temp RTV sealant. Works great.

Jerry

-
Back