Elderbrock RPM Air-Gap Manifolds

-

hux340

Reaction score
I've got a pretty stock 71 Demon 340 & I'm thinking of replacing the factory cast iron inlet manifold, (will keep of course) for an alloy type. Is the above a good choice?

In my opinion it is one of the best for a small block. There are others that are better but the RPM airgap is very good.

The air gap is pretty much the top all around intake.
Also take a look at the Ede RPM intake. Also a great intake.

If you do decide to get an Airgap I have a brand new one (in the box) for sale.

Treblig

"Elderbrock" It is the older version of the Edlebrock. Used by the Elder's with use of older built motors. The latest are the Littlebrock's but they are always crying for a bottle or boost-er seat.

what carb do you plan on running?if you retain original tq u wont be able to use the air gap, which is an excellent choice btw

There are others that are better but the RPM airgap is very good.
Better for what? Better at what? Is it in the builders interest to "DO better?" for what he is building or what he has?
Define better and how it fiots inwith the posters current build.

Better for what? Better at what? Is it in the builders interest to "DO better?" for what he is building or what he has?
Define better and how it fiots inwith the posters current build.

I guess I should have worded that differently, I should have said there "might be" others that are better. I am not a professional engine builder nor have I done any dyno testing of various intakes so I can't claim that the rpm airgap is number 1. I was just giving my opinion based on what I know from my personal experience. I didn't tell him to buy a different one, I don't see anywhere in my post where I tried to steer the op towards a different one.

If you're wanting to increase performance in a stock engine the cast iron is hard to beat.

-
Back