Electric brake boosters?

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
Have a 72 Dart with a 572. Am wondering if anyone is using an electric power brake boost set up?
Would love to see your set-up. Do you need different brake lines? Can you use the original MC?
This rig is presently a manual system. Disks up front, drums in back. All new. Thanks for any replies.

Ima guessing you have no room for a vacuum booster?

The general consensus around here is the A-bodies don't need boosters. I don't agree, but with the right combo of parts, I suppose I could get used to manuals; if I had to.

Well, working in brakes myself, I've never seen an electric power brake booster, I have seen electohydraulic which in most cases is an integrated ABS system and is very large.

Usually you would use PS pump driven hydroboost or a vacuum booster, with or without an electric vacuum pump.

My personal opinion is switch to a 15/16" manual master cylinder. I have the Dr Diff Aluminum one and it works and feels fantastic. Stock is 1.032". Going to this will increase pedal travel slightly but make it much easier for you to generate enough brake pressure.

Stroked 440.

Or in some cases a........

Hemi_Cuda_SGG_Nov2012__49.jpg

-
Back