Electric fan controller

-
Never been a fan of the bulb type. I have always liked the kind with an actual sending unit.....I have used a sending unit from a car that came with an electric fan in the past. Just go down to Napa and stick your head in the book looking for whatever temp you want the fan to run at, couple it with a relay (s) and yiou are good to go. If running two fans Spal has a high amperage relay available.

Look on rockauto. I bought 2 for $28 ea a month ago that have a coolant sensor and are adjustable. Much cheaper than most name brands and probably from the same factory.

Look on rockauto. I bought 2 for $28 ea a month ago that have a coolant sensor and are adjustable. Much cheaper than most name brands and probably from the same factory.

Got part numbers? Sorry im not smart about this type of stuff. Just trying to buy what works and not spend alot of coin doing it.

Josh, what are the dimensions of that Contour fan assembly.

Trying to figure out it that or an HHR fan would be better. Thanks

Josh, what are the dimensions of that Contour fan assembly.

Trying to figure out it that or an HHR fan would be better. Thanks

The Contour fan is the dual assembly. Ive read the HHR pulls 2800cfm, the Contour fan pulls 3200cfm. The contour fan being avaliable in 96-2000 V6 only Ford Contour, Mercury Cougar.

Attachments

• Chevy HHR fan.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 370
  • contour fan.GIF
    29.8 KB · Views: 365
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-3654/overview/

I put this on a dual fan system. Outstanding function and easy to set your operating temp where you want.

Just be sure to hook it up correctly the first time or you may blow it up like I did. I wired one of the fans backwards (they are old and their wires are both black is my excuse).

I routed the bulb so it stuck forward thru the fin of the radiator near the top.

Got part numbers? Sorry im not smart about this type of stuff. Just trying to buy what works and not spend alot of coin doing it.

OK, some "spoon feeding":
I went to rockauto and looked up 72 Scamp (assume, you didn't bother to tell us), Electrical Switch - Radiator Fan Relay:
HAYDEN Part # 3651, Premium Adjustable Fan Controller Screw-In Type, $28.80
I'll even paste a photo for you. I not only taught you how to fish, I fillet'd and fried it now. Satisfied? :glasses7:

Attachments

• fan relay.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 341
OK, some "spoon feeding":
I went to rockauto and looked up 72 Scamp (assume, you didn't bother to tell us), Electrical Switch - Radiator Fan Relay:
HAYDEN Part # 3651, Premium Adjustable Fan Controller Screw-In Type, $28.80
I'll even paste a photo for you. I not only taught you how to fish, I fillet'd and fried it now. Satisfied? :glasses7:

Well thanks for teaching me how to fish lol.... I already posted this above as an option. I thought you had ment you were using stock parts from something. Ive already been looking at the line of controllers from Hayden.

Have the same setup,on my Magnum.(twin fan setup).Fits a stock radiator well,cooled a 10 to 1 408,during break ins.I wired mine manually.

-
Back