was there for about 2 hours when back home and didnt rise as high 195*
only diference was it was windy (alote) and hade the wind was comming
right in front of the car

so I think I dont have enouigh air coming true the rad
I will order the hood to rad support seal this morning
maybe it can help to

thanks Crazy

someone must use those rad???

Hi, I have a 22" champion with (2) 10" electric fans on a 76 Plymouth duster/72 mildly built 340, I have not drove the car down the road, yet I have let the car idle for some time and have drove around the yard, thermostat is a 185, the fans come on at 185 and the temp drops to 180 and so far has stayed there during running.

I had the same problem in my 68 Dart 340 (same radiator as you). Started with a 16 in fan pushing and it ran too hot. Tried it as a puller and nothing changed. Went to twin fans off a Jag X type pulling the air, one on a 195 sensor and the other on a switch. Always had to run the second fan to try to keep it cool at freeway speeds and it would still get too hot. Figured air flow so pulled the baffles out of the fan shroud , no luck. Made kind of a sheet metal funnel system behind the grill to channel the air though and it kind of help but still got hot. Like it has been beat to death and for a good reason... took it all off, went with a 7 blade fan, fan clutch and shroud and problem solved! Never gets over 200 even on the hottest days freeway speeds or bumper to bumper.

I run same set up on my dart, 360 motor never gets over 180 with a 160 thermostat in it, not sure whats wrong with yours, but no issues here!!!!!!!! quick question just popped in mine here, my radiator is also a 4 row and i put my fan on front of radiator instead of engine compartment because with my March Pulleys there was no room for a fan, also i run a Hi-Po water pump!!!!

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 470
I was running twin 10" fans on my 360 with 22" radiator and it was fine in traffic, but crept up at stoplights. My fan shroud was to restrictive and I ended up just going back to a stock fan with the jaguar fan clutch. Averages 190*

OP, how about posting a pix of you fan set up and shrouds? That can tell the whole story.

attachment.php

same set up as this one
mine is a 3 row
try with a fan clutch (7 blades)
with out a shroud coudlnt find one that will fit
this da.. rads:wack:
like said to my idea I need a larger fan that could covert
the entire rad

when its about 20* c at 3000 rpm it goes to 210* and keep rising:banghead::banghead::banghead:
if I turn around and the wind blow right into the rad it do alote better 190*
and stay there

like not enough air was going true the rad
I called champion rad but they didnt help me much

I even tought to sell this rad I order the 26'' with the ferd contour fan
even with the 22'' rad support that couldnt be worst

I'd flip the fan around to front side of your radiator, real simple to change the direction of the fan blade to blow thru radiator, it should cool it just fine, also i'd center it in the middle of your radiator and let it cool, like i said mine at an idle goes to 160 at an idle and warms to 180 beating on it!!!!! the tie kits the sell at O'Reilly there like 6 bucks!!!!!!

Look at the Spal. There's room between the fans for the pulley snout and it moves 2750 cfm, keeps my 360/380 magnum below 210 at freeway speeds with 3.91 gears. Shrouds included and minimal cutting/fitting. It fits like it was made for the Champion 22.

thanks guy

I will try centering the fan and if it doesnt solve
the proble will try spal fan

ps. yes its pulling air

other ps. I already try intalling it in front of rad was worst
even with the clutch type in and the other on the other side
I think it was blocking ther air more than it could help

-
Back