electric fan sensor location

-

evilred73

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed my champion radiator with aluminum shroud and dual fans. But I'm trying to figure out where to install the fan sensor. There's only one inlet on my intake and I got my water temp gauge hooked to it.
Is there some where else I can hook this up too?

Thanks

How about fabricating a short sleeve with a threaded bung for the sensor to go in between the bottom radiator hose and the radiator? That would keep your wiring short and easy to hide as well as allowing your fans to turn on/off relative to the temp of the water exiting the radiator.

Depending on the manifold, you could drill and tap it. I have 3 sending units as well as one for my gauge. I drilled and tapped for the additional 2. I attached a pic, it is hard to see but you can see the 4 temp units. I am using a electric water pump so I used the bypass outlet for my gauge. The other 3 are water pump,fan and ecu. Hope this helps

Attachments

• rsz_1sam_2455.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 404
I got a thermostat housing spacer with ports in it that I plumbed my sensor into when I had the smallblock in my car. I think they're typically designed for something else, but it worked pretty well. Have to install the thermostat carefully though (need to clock it so it doesn't hit the temp sender, depending on how big your sensor is).

Thanks for all the help guys! I ended up ordering an electric temp gauge That will fit in the small intake port. I really wanted the sensor in the intake. I think that would give me the most accurate reading. Didn't really want to pull the intake out to drill and tap after I just put everything including the a/c back in..and the housing spacer with the inlets sounded good,but I couldn't find one for a small block mopar.
Lastly I tried putting some copper hardware together to try and make the small inlet hole work but after figuring on spending around $15 or more for something that prob won't work that great and Woudnt look to attractive I just opted to bite the bullet and pay $50 for a new electric gauge.

Thanks again!

How about fabricating a short sleeve with a threaded bung for the sensor to go in between the bottom radiator hose and the radiator? That would keep your wiring short and easy to hide as well as allowing your fans to turn on/off relative to the temp of the water exiting the radiator.
This sounds like the best Idea to me as it would give the most accurate reading of the radiator temperature. But you have fixed your problem so that's only my 2 cents of post-thought.

-
Back