Electric Fuel Pump Choices???

-

odie601

Reaction score
What is everyone running for electric fuel pumps? I am ready to purchase one and would like your input. I will be running a filter between the pump-tank and tank-engine. The car will be a street cruiser and limited time at the track. :brave:

I am the only one that is running an electric fuel pump? Really??? Don't be so shy... I don't bite... much. lol :brave:

I have a Holley blue pump on my bracket car. It's a bit loud for a street car. Our old International trucks used Carter pumps. They don't need a regulator and lasted for years(decades). Don't know what your hp level is, you might want an in tank pump.

I have a Holley HP150. Its a bit loud but the car drowns it out when it's running :) They have an internal bypass so you don't need to run a return line if you don't want to.

I'm running a Walbro (I think I spell it right..lol) in the tank pump....It came with the EZ EFI system, but I'm sure you can buy the pump seperate.....I attached it to the end of the sending unit....I only hear it when I prime the system to start....

What is everyone running for electric fuel pumps? I am ready to purchase one and would like your input. I will be running a filter between the pump-tank and tank-engine. The car will be a street cruiser and limited time at the track. :brave:

I am the only one that is running an electric fuel pump? Really??? Don't be so shy... I don't bite... much. lol :brave:

You'll be glad you are choosing an electric.

I've run a jegs pump (holley style). It was noisy but not too bad. The car isn't exactly quiet.

Currently running an Aeromotive A1000. That is what i'd recomend.

the aeromotive is a good pump, but requires an additional 350 dollar pump controller, or you'll burn it up...

Really? When I caled Aeromotive they didn't say anything about this. You need a return line adna regulator. I'm not running a controller nor are the others I know running them. Hope it lasts me years like theirs have.

Aeromotive power planner.

[ame]http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/09Aeromotive_Carb_PowerPlanner.pdf[/ame]

A1000 system diagram approved for constant street use.

I have a Holley HP150. Its a bit loud but the car drowns it out when it's running :) They have an internal bypass so you don't need to run a return line if you don't want to.

I'm running the same pump with a return line.I find it quiet compared to most external pumps.

I'm running the same pump with a return line.I find it quiet compared to most external pumps.

They are more quiet than most - but still a bit noisey. Mine is noticable until the engine fires off, then I don't hear it....

Do you know the hp of your engine start with that. If you don't plan on making more than buy a pump that will service the hp requirements! You need to buy a pump based on the gal per hour needed .

i have a Fuelab pump,filter and regulator,way overkill for most but they seem to be very well made and i would be very surprised if they had any components made in asia. fairly quiet aswell for a pump that moves so much fuel,but its realy hard to say how quiet it realy is since its not been used on my own car yet,i let a friend borrow the whole setup for a year and it can barely be heard in his early nova but that nova is a tincan that amplifies everthing and has no insulation anywhere so its realy hard to tell how it sounds.
and it can handle gasoline,E85 and Methanol.

Do you know the hp of your engine start with that. If you don't plan on making more than buy a pump that will service the hp requirements! You need to buy a pump based on the gal per hour needed .

I guess 500+ HP, I have a purple shaft cam out of a friend's car but have no stats on it. Can you buy to big a pump and then use a regulator to control the fuel to the carb?

A Walbro external EFI pump (~$100 new). Currently I have a carb on and the return runs 9 psi thru the 1/4" "vent tube" on my new sender. A series regulator reduces it to 5 psi for the carb. An EFI pump will move a lot of volume at low carb pressures, according to the curves, and are much cheaper than the race-type carb pumps. In my case, I did it for later EFI.

An Engine with 500 hp will need 37.5 GPH to feed it At wide open throttle with no restrictions. Now with a street car on street tires, the fight wont be the same as a race car on a track with slicks. When the car hooks hard, the fuel pump has to work against that g force to fill the float bowls. i have seen cars at the track that stumble fart and bog till the pump catches up.

I guess 500+ HP, I have a purple shaft cam out of a friend's car but have no stats on it. Can you buy to big a pump and then use a regulator to control the fuel to the carb?

What heads? Planing for a 500hp fuel system is ok, won't hurt a thing but making 500hp in a big block mopar isn't as easy as the internet boards say it is.

-
Back