Electric Fuel Pump for Carb

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I am looking for an affordable electric pump that will work with a carbed engine. Someone in chat last night said a mr gasket one but I was looking and they have shitty reviews so I wanted some more input from everyone.

i have used holleys, malleries and have heard good thing about the carters. the holley blue has worked the best for me and it has been run through water mud and rocks in my bronco first then the jeep

The cheaper ones will be either loud, unreliable, or both. Save your money and get a good one. Why would you want a cheap fuel pump? So you can break down in the middle of nowhere? Most any of the name brand gerotor style will be reliable and much less noisy. Trust me on this. You will regret cheaping out.

I run a Mallory and a return-type regulator. It's far quieter than the vane pumps, such as the Holleys. It has no problems keeping up with my combo.

I run a Holley 150 gerotor style. Have not heard or seen how it performs yet, but I used everyone's advice on here and went right the first time. I run a regulator, but no return as the pump is a bypass style pump. I am a pictures guy so here are some of my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 207
Carter "vibrator" sounds a little like a snare drum with no load then slows down to nothing but a tick every few seconds. They are an old design, like a fat airtex. Holley gerotor style is loud and I had 3 used ones and they all leaked. If its for a 318 truck, those gerotor are are overkill.

Smartken22, if you mount that Holley on rubber stand-offs (rubber pucks with 2 isolated studs on each side) you can further isolate the pump noise if it comes to that. The braided line will also dampen the pump noise.
rubber_isolator_for_our_gasoline_generator.jpg

MC-060.JPG

Yeah its for a 318 magnum in a truck with a whiplash based cam and 4bbl. My friend was telling me he ran a mazda b2200 fuel pump on one of his cars I might give that a cheap try snag one at pull apart for 10 bucks if it works well I will run it or buy a replacement new one if it don't ill go with an actual non factory pump lol.

My Carter is loud on startup, but quiets down to silent within a minute.

That is a good idea, Thanks!
Carter "vibrator" sounds a little like a snare drum with no load then slows down to nothing but a tick every few seconds. They are an old design, like a fat airtex. Holley gerotor style is loud and I had 3 used ones and they all leaked. If its for a 318 truck, those gerotor are are overkill.

Smartken22, if you mount that Holley on rubber stand-offs (rubber pucks with 2 isolated studs on each side) you can further isolate the pump noise if it comes to that. The braided line will also dampen the pump noise.
rubber_isolator_for_our_gasoline_generator.jpg

MC-060.JPG

-
Back