electric fuel pump

-

shafer

Reaction score
just installed an electric fuel pump to my 69 dart 318 to try to resolve some fuel delivery issues , i installed it on the passenger side inner fender
i was told i should move it to the rear as it is better to push fuel than pull it, what do you recommend?

An old race car buddy of mine suggests mounting it lower than the tank as close to the tank as possible.

Push it. With the fuel under pressure it will be less likely to vapor lock. And from a physics stand point it is far easer to push than pull.

Mount it as close to the tank as you safely can....and always run a regulator..

Forgot to add that a lot of the pumps especially Holley, are very noisy, would suggest cutting up and old tire and sandwiching the steel mounting bracket between the pieces to quiet it down.

If your having fuel delivery problems,I don,t think an electric pump will help your problem.Maybe your problem is in the tank or your carb.JMO.Good luck.

pass rear wheel well/inner frame rail is where I mount them and inline with the or below the bottom of the tank.

yes they are pushers, not pullers.....and noisy too.

or the fuel line them fuel lines were pretty small to begin with put a little dirt or rust in them and you got a small problem

-
Back