Electrical Dash Issue?

-

66 Valiant

Reaction score
66 Valiant/Dart
For me, the most frustrating thing I can think of doing is trouble shooting electrical problems. Here’s the issue: Driver side blinker indicator on the dash works in reverse. When driving the light is on all the time. I put on the driver side indicator and it blinks off then on? When it cancels out after turning it goes back to staying on. If you have any suggestion where to start I would like gladly like to hear from you.
Thanks.

I agree........In all my experiences with these electrical gremlins, it has ALWAYS been a ground problem somewhere. They don't make SENSE either......the problem can cause really wacky symptoms.

SO I am trying to understand your problem.....
on your instrument panel the drivers side turn indicator stays on all the time when you have the parking lights on, when you engage the drivers turn signal it blinks off when the outside turn signal light blinks on..... when you turn the signal off and your parking lights remain on so does the indicator on the dash..... IS that your problem?

if your dash indicator light is coming on when you turn on the parking lights, you can have one of two problems a bad ground at the outside signal that is backfeeding the dash light OR your turn signal switch is going or already gone bad....

If it's on ALL the time the problem is the signal switch or the flasher. If it's on with the park lamps the problem is lost chassis ground in the front park/turn fixture.

Thanks for the help to get me started. I found the culprit. The electrical signal for the blinker on the dash comes from the front turn signal light. Cleaned it up and made a good ground works great now.

-
Back