Electrical gremlin, turn signal indicator

-

340wedge

Reaction score
My right turn signal indicator will not work. All my signal lights including fender tops and four ways work and that right signal indicator in the dash won't light. I have replaced the circuit board and bulb and the part the bulb sits in. It didn't work before on the old circuit board either. Obviously it must be a wiring issue but I am not sure where to start or where the wire leads too? :(

They are all tied together in a way. If the fender indicator light and front and rear work then the feed to the dash has an issue. Could be the under dash wire or a pin on the board. You say the board was replaced, did you check the feed wire when replacing the board? I assume you have a wiring diagram.

Also check grounding to the board.

There's only one wire. The wire from the dash cluster goes to the branch that feeds off the same wire feeding the turn signal bulb. "Doubtful" that is a problem, but possible it came out of the crimp. Not sure where exactly it branches off, they changed over the years

THE FIRST thing we need to know is the year/ make/ model of the car you are working on.

You can download several different year's factory service manuals.......free.......from MyMopar. Some of them there came from the guys on here

Just a stab in the dark the 72 manual shows the indicator wire branches off right there at the turn signal switch connector. Get that out and see if there are two tan wires "taking off"

i had a similar problem. it was the ground wire on the radiator support. little corrosion. just scuffed it up to clean metal again.

There's only one wire. The wire from the dash cluster goes to the branch that feeds off the same wire feeding the turn signal bulb. "Doubtful" that is a problem, but possible it came out of the crimp. Not sure where exactly it branches off, they changed over the years

THE FIRST thing we need to know is the year/ make/ model of the car you are working on.

You can download several different year's factory service manuals.......free.......from MyMopar. Some of them there came from the guys on here

Just a stab in the dark the 72 manual shows the indicator wire branches off right there at the turn signal switch connector. Get that out and see if there are two tan wires "taking off"

Sorry I should have said, 1971. The turn signal switch connector, is that the white plug from under the column?

There are two column connectors, one is ignition, other is turn

-
Back