electronic fuel pump???

-
You can use any "EFI pump" with a carburetor. Indeed, they will put out much more volume flow at 5 psi than at EFI pressures. Of course, you will need a pressure regulator with return tubing to the tank, as for any positive displacement pump (gear-rotor, etc). In external pumps, there are only 3 main types I have seen - Ford V-8 type (~$50, 5/16" fittings only), Bosch type (~$60, 1/2" inlet, strange banjo fitting outlet), and Walbro type (~$100, 5/16 or 3/8" fittings). The Ford type should work fine for any carb. Just ask for an 85-95 (?) Ford truck or Mustang w/ V-8 at auto parts or check ebay. Lookup my post to see a Walbro pump on my 65 Dart and I currently have a carb on it.

what I would really like to see is how you got the power out through the factory sending unit, and where did you get the pieces that you used to do so?

This is what the pump assembly looks like from the outside:
View attachment pump5.JPG
and inside:
View attachment pump3.JPG

The connector I used is a Conxall/Switchcraft pn:4182-3SG-300
(mates with
Conxall/Switchcraft pn:3182-3PG-3DC). Both are available from Digikey.
One pin is used for the sender and the other 2 are for the pump power and ground.
I used fuel tank sealer around the soldered pins and connector flange for added insurance
against leaks.

This is what the pump assembly looks like from the outside:
View attachment 313291
and inside:
View attachment 313298

The connector I used is a Conxall/Switchcraft pn:4182-3SG-300
(mates with Conxall/Switchcraft pn:3182-3PG-3DC). Both are available from Digikey.
One pin is used for the sender and the other 2 are for the pump power and ground.
I used fuel tank sealer around the soldered pins and connector flange for added insurance
against leaks.

do you know of any online suppliers such as anyone on ebay?

If you run a return line, according to Barry Grant, you should run as big or bigger return line than feed line in a bypass system. I don't recall the exact reason for that though. I think to keep the return line pressure to a minimum. Your pump may last longer too with a bypass style regulator since you're not dead heading the pump with all that pressure. You'd be allowing the pump to operate at a lower pressure when there is little fuel flow to the carb. Another advantage that aeromotive told me was that the bypass regulator will flow a lot better than a dead head regulator and your line pressure will also stay more consistent when opening the throttle up. Just my 2 cents.

I oiled up my wallet so I could get it to open (only took 1 quart of oil) and bought the Mallory pump. I have it installed now and am very pleased with it. I can hardly hear it run WITHOUT the engine running. It mounted in the same holes as the Holley pump. The only thing I had to do is loosen up the screws on the motor and turn the mounting bracket 180 degrees. Hopefully it will be a durable pump and last a long time. Thanks to everyone for their time and info.

-
Back