Electronic ign. set up..pics

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hey all. Being real new at all this i need some help. I have a electronic ign. set up that i want to install. Placement of everything i need.Its a small block in a 67 dart. Were do you guys/gals have everything placed. Pics of distrib. with cap off to the wiring to module and all would be MOST awsome. Thanks for everyones time..N.M / Edd

Mine was mounted just to the passenger side of the wiper motor, ballast in the stock location. I've since gone to a GM HEI and mounted it in the same place as "they" had the Mopar ECU

It's dark, cold, and rainy snowy out there. No photos. WHERE are those flash batteries?

I don't have a pic of the distributor and/or wiring, but here's a picture of where I mounted the ECU (just above the ballast resistor). I don't own this car anymore, so this just gives you an idea of where you could mount the box.

Attachments

• 100_0004.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 198
Quick change /6 daily driver and not detailed in of course

Pictures as asked for on a 66 :coffee2:

Attachments

• Picture%20222%20005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 201
Here's that deal:

A "5 pin" ECU REQUIRES a 4 terminal ballast

A "4 pin" ECU CAN use EITHER 2 or 4 pin, but only needs a 2 pin ballast

You can NOT tell (all) 4 terminal ECU's from 5 terminal because at least some 4 pin ECU's HAVE 5 pins, it's just that one is not hooked up (a dummy). You must use an ohmeter to find out if the 5th pin is hooked to anything.

I have I think 3 or 4 "4 terminal" ECUs and every one of 'em have 5 pins.

Here's that deal:

A "5 pin" ECU REQUIRES a 4 terminal ballast

A "4 pin" ECU CAN use EITHER 2 or 4 pin, but only needs a 2 pin ballast

You can NOT tell (all) 4 terminal ECU's from 5 terminal because at least some 4 pin ECU's HAVE 5 pins, it's just that one is not hooked up (a dummy). You must use an ohmeter to find out if the 5th pin is hooked to anything.

I have I think 3 or 4 "4 terminal" ECUs and every one of 'em have 5 pins.
Man..Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it alot

-
Back